• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering and vaccinations

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I want to get little Gracie booked in for neutering asap as she is showing lots of hormonal behaviour butI am having the vet out to do all the myxi jabs in a couple of weeks.

Should I hold off on the neutering until after the jabs or if I get her done next week would she be ok for the vaccination?

I really want to get them all vaccinated at the same time as I am paying extra for the vet to come out to me and I will get multiple rabbit discount. Also it is so much easier if they are all due for jabs at the same time.

I always leave about two weeksn inbetween vacs and neuters, this time of year I get vac's done first, in winter I get neuter first. I leave around two weeks inbetween, if not a little longer to let the immune system recover. I don't think there are any rules though. :D

Back