• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where to bond

Rose

Mama Doe
I was wondering could you bond rabbits in an cage that one rabbit has been in if its given a really good clean to get rid of smells?. :D

I've bought a brand new run off eBay for my lot - got a week off after the bank holiday to bond my two French Lop Brothers with two Mini Lop Sisters :shock:

....slightly nervous!! :)

will you be bonding in your house with the run just curious witchy as going to be doing the same thing soon with my five:wave:

Ok thank you, im just a little worried about them a night in the bathroom when i have started bonding them.

I bonded mine in a small pen in the spare room, the room that neither were normally allowed in. I was so determined for it to work I didn't want to risk using anything either had previously used (except litter trays which were drenched in vinegar). How big is the cage? They need enough space for them to be able to get away if one is trying to start a fight, but small enough that they have to be relatively close to each other. I would bond somewhere near where you sleep though as things can be hairy for the first few days, and mine always kicked off in the early hours of the morning, almost the exact time each day :)

To add- the pen was a few of their run panels which had been left out in the rain for a few days before to get rid of bunny smells :D

The cage is about 4ft long.

10052008051.jpg

Back