• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help!! red wee??

rachelsawyer

Warren Scout
hi guys

i have just been to bella and busters hutch and noyice there is red wee. i picked up bella as i saw her feet were a bit wet when she hopped(she obvously stood in it!!. i picked her up shes seems ok, i looked at her down below :oops: and there wasnt any signs of blood, however she did try and struggle to get off of me. any ione have any ideas or do i needs to get her to the vets?? i now have a lovely rediish colour which was 5 mins before a lovely crisp white dressing gown!! :(:?

my bun does rust coloured wee when she has been grazing on grass....as far as I know this is normal, unless you think it is blood then that needs checking out, I am sure one of the members who knows more than me will reply soon, :wave:

Its normal for bunnies to have red, orange or yellow wee depending on what they have been eating. It's nothing to worry about :)

have a think about what she has been eating... eg dandelions and carrots can make wee go red (among other foods), however, if she's not had any of that and the red wee persists for a fair while you should get a vet to check her over :)
doesn't sound like anything sinister though :D

ah thanks for that link, will be a wee bit too much spinach then, better cut back!! thanks guys panic over! just my poor dressing gown now, and its the me to you tatty teddy :(:lol:

Last edited:
Back