• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help, rabbit displaying distressing symptoms.

My rabbits head seems to be tilting to one side, i've read up on this and it sounds like she has 'head tilt' but i'm scepticle because for days on end she'll be fine, then suddenly for a few hours head will tilt to one side, but if i pick her up or get her out of the cage it corrects and she begins running around, it seems that her head only tilts when she sits still for a prolonged amount of time.
Thanks for your help, as you can imagine i'm very upset about this as she isn't even 9 months old yet.

Thank you

Wayne

It would be a good idea to take your Rabbit to a Vet today :)
'Intermitent Headtilt' is possibly a sign of a neurological problem, with a middle ear infection the headtilt is usually a constant symptom. But without actually seeing your Bun its impossible for us to say what is wrong.

With Rabbits the sooner you pick up on a potential problem and seek Veterinary Care the better as this gives the Bun the best chance of responding well to any treatment prescribed.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on.

Janex

Definately a vet visit just to be sure :thumb:

Does her head actually tilt or does she scan? What colour is your rabbit and does it have pink/red eyes?

thanks for the help been so upset,her head tilts completely to one side, waiting for my dad to come over and go to the vet with me. She's sort of smokey grey and she has dark brown eyes but red when reflective

Hi Wayne

How is your bunny doing now? Did you ever find out what was wrong with her? I am interested because it sounds very similar to what my Daisy is doing at the moment. Not exactly a tilt though, more of a head swing....

This was taken about 4 days ago and it has become a bit more frequent now, however, like your rabbit, she only does it when resting. When she is moving about or if you're holding her she is fine. I'm hoping my vet has some answers - that don't involve putting her under anaesthetic again - next week.

Back