• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Going on holiday???

Gingypig

Alpha Buck
What do you all do with your bunnies/piggies when you go on holiday?

I have some very good friends who I trust to care for my creatures but they do not live so close.

I have 2 huge runs that have big lids and my friend has a quite empty light garage...

Also have 3 indoor cages (only piggy size)

And my dad has a trailer to take hutches places but alot of my hutches are far to huge to ever move and I have 7 buns (mini lop size) and 17 guinea pigs...

Any suggestions?

Thank you ;)

we are going to devon next week.I am taking my three to my friends house,she is going to keep them in her garage.I am going to take the run and put their wooden hut in there and there litter tray,my old bun Rosie is going in her large hutch.I am dreading it as it will be a huge drama and will take two trips in the car and I will have to take loads to her house so they will comfy but she is a lovely lady

dont go on hols :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

alvin, pearl and ralph will come with us on any hols we take and my mom pops in daily to check on the house and chippies.

except in june :cry::cry::cry: Alvin and pearl are going to hopper haven for just under a week and ralph is staying with my mom.. no choice its stes moms wedding and there will be one full day i cant devote to my pets so they are best not coming :cry::cry::cry: dreading it

Could you get your friends to come and live in your house for the duration of your holiday?

Not an option, they are all animal crazy too and have loads of their own pets.

Think the pigs in the garage at one frineds then take 2 hutches to the other friends with the buns in.

The other option is not go on holiday... yes been doing this for years but Mum says she'd like us to come as she thinks I need a break and tbh I think i do!

x

dont some people on here pay vet nurses to look after pets in thier own homes... maybe see if your vets offer a sitting service??

i have a nightmare when i go away. lee's dad has to drive over twice a day and i have to leave a typed up essay of instructions otherwise he gets confused and gets it all wrong so basically it is very stressful all round so we don't go away very often!

Im very lucky because my mom only lives down the road from me so can look after my rabbits at my house and pop up a few times a day to see them when i go on holiday. Im not so lucky for the fact I only go once a year though :lol:

Depends where we go, if it's to my mums in Edinburgh or to the seaside for the weekend we tend to take our two on their holidays with us and they stay indoors in their dog crate.

When we go abroad our two go to stay at Holiday Hutches, we tried them for the first time last year and they were fantastic, which reminds me actually, i need to give them a phone for this years holiday.

Why don't you see if there is a small pet boarder nearby, that way you would know they are being looked after properly and you wouldn't have the bother of trying to move all the hutches and runs:)

Im very lucky because my mom only lives down the road from me so can look after my rabbits at my house and pop up a few times a day to see them when i go on holiday. Im not so lucky for the fact I only go once a year though :lol:

I would ask my folks but it's them we are going on holiday with!!! :?

Back