• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone use these pellets

Hi there. No, I've not used this particular food but to be honest, I wouldn't anyway. It's a museli style food which means bunny can selectively pick out the bits he/she likes and leave the rest. Unless you're very strict and don't refill the bowl until everything has been eaten, bunny won't get a balanced diet. You're better off feeding a good quality, high fibre pellet such as Science Selective or Burgess Excel together with unlimited hay and some veg.

It would probably be worth emailing the company to ask what their nutritional values are? eg fibre.. as that is the most important. It doesnt say what they are called so hard to judge if they are any good.
A good rabbit pellet would be allen and page natural pellets which have a high fibre content ;) If you can get the info on their nutritional values then post it up and it will give us a better idea to judge them with :)

Food

Hi,

As already mentioned its generally agreed that its best to avoid muesli type foods, as rabbits are selective eaters, and like anyone, given the chance will eat the 'good' stuff and leave the rest.

There are a few great pellets on the market and my advice would be that you choose one of those. After trying them all we settled on science selective.

Hope that helps.

Damien

Back