• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poorly or fussy

touie

Wise Old Thumper
Fudge (dental bun) doesn't seem to be eating rabbit pellets anymore, all he is eating is herbs, broccoli and carrot, however he does seem able to eat oatibix, do you think they are easier to eat than rabbit pellets or is he just being fussy? :? He is due for his next check up in a couple of weeks

If you put a splash of boiling water on some pellets, leave to soak 5mins then mash, if he eats them when softened, it's probably his teeth

No he is on A and P, he used to eat it ok! He also won't eat cabbage or Spring greens or carrot tops anymore :?

I would say just being fussy, is it a new bag of pellets? Maybe something is different, an ingrediant or something? If he is still munching at other food I wouldnt have thought he was poorly, you can usually tell a very sick animal when they refuse their favourites. It could also be because its getting hotter, not sure if it would make a difference though but they tend to drink more when they eat dry pellets...if that makes sense

He may have jaw pain. Can you feel any lumps along his jawline?

Janex

Yes loads he's on metacam vet thinks he has around 6-12 months left :( I had a chat with the vet today and he only wants to see him before June if his weight has dropped below 3kg. I'm just trying to work out if it's possible to weigh him on the kitchen scales as I don't have any bathroom ones :?

Is he on SS, it has changed recently and a few buns, my Poppy included won't touch it :roll:

I had wondered that, Buu hasnt been going as crazy as usual for her pellets but will eat them eventually :roll: :lol: Thanks! :D

I hope Fudge is going to be ok, if its just some foods he has gone off its probably worth mentioning to the vets. If he already has dental problems it may be related to that x

"sorry he is poorly, I should have made the question is he not eating because he's poorly or because he's being fussy? he has always been a fussy eater which is probably why he's got these problems now :(

well that was hard but I managed to get him to sit in a glass casserole dish on the scales and he was 3.4kg so somehow he's actually managed to put on .1kg since the last check up :D:shock::?:D "

Last edited:
He may just being fussy :) Hopefully he is ;) If he sees the vet a lot anyway because he isnt well you could just mention it and see what they say :) x

"sorry he is poorly, I should have made the question is he not eating because he's poorly or because he's being fussy? he has always been a fussy eater which is probably why he's got these problems now :(

well that was hard but I managed to get him to sit in a glass casserole dish on the scales and he was 3.4kg so somehow he's actually managed to put on .1kg since the last check up :D:shock::?:D "

I just realised I got my sums wrong he was 3044g so thats 3.04kg so i guess I need to bring the next check up forward. :(

Back