• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how much greens/veg do you give your bun?

lou0504

Warren Scout
hi all id like to know how much greens/veg you give your buns? And how often? each opinion ive had from bunny keeping friends has differed tremendosly so would like to know everyone elses opinions :D many thanks

Hello

My bunny has all the peelings from my carrots, cauliflower, all veg basically but keep it to a mimum, they can easily put weight on if you give too much in one go, what seems normal and small to us, can be too big a portion to a rabbit, even though they may appear hungry.... Good luck xx

Mine get approx 1 lettuce leaf, half a cabbage leaf, a couple of inches of a stick of celery, and a couple of inches of carrot each every day.

They get the same veg every day, mainly because I don't like to chop and change their diet too much.

If they've not had veg before they must only have a tiny piece, gradually increased over a fortnight to full amount if their tum's OK with that - Mine have daily a small chunk of carrot, a medium leaf of greens and a small knob of brocolli floret, and at the mo a handful of long grass and dandelions too. Needs to be daily preferably, as they can't really get used to digesting it if it's only occasional

mine get half a spring green leaf, quarter of a carrot, two broccoli florets every evening and the occasional bit of parsley, dandelions, rocket or other herbs.

mine gets a bowl full of rocket/watercress/corriander and some carrot every morning, plus a little corriander in the evening as a snack:)

I give them a raddish or two in morn with some pellets and a big bowl of cabbage,watercress/ kale (small amounts of each and varied)and fresh herbs very night with another small bowl of pellets and fresh hay available all the time and they are just right, not too chunky and not skinny..just very cheeky!!!:lol:

Ours are fed on an evening and have a selection from the following:

Broccoli, celery, spring greens, cauliflower, swede, carrot, kale, apple, tomato, cucumber.

hi all id like to know how much greens/veg you give your buns? And how often? each opinion ive had from bunny keeping friends has differed tremendosly so would like to know everyone elses opinions :D many thanks

I AM SO GLAD YOU ASKED THIS, iIWAS GETTING READY TO DO THE SAME!
So far mine have each had a tiny( my daughter's) handful of mixed spring greens each night. We built this up starting with a tiny leaf each over the last 4 weeks. Just this week we tried half a baby carrot each and a tiny bit of apple as a treat. Boy they loved that! Ollie can take or leave the carrot, Leo loves everything! They both love their greens and wait on the platform for them at bedtime........;)

greens

hey thanks guys! my 2 frenchies, have a small amount of pellets in the morning, are out on the grass free all day, then 7pm when i put them to bed theyre having a brocilli floret each, large spring green leaf, some coriander, and abit of kale, oh and their timothy hay (which they dont really touch!) i thought that was 2 much! but sounds ok they are big buns! x:wave:

This is what I feed them every evening between the two of them
veg.png

but I don't know if it's the right amount or not :) They don't seem to have any problems with it.

alvin and pearl get a big bowl full of veg each morning (approx 150g between them). on my vets reccomendation i now feed the high fibre veg - broccoli, cabbage, spring greens & kale.. i also grate up a small amount of carrot so it looks better with a dash of colour :oops::oops:

they sometimes get cauliflower, sprouts and peppers but the huge range i used to feed has now gone...

oh i bought a bag of parsley for them last week :D

ETA - breakfast

P5070003.jpg

Last edited:
Back