• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help, what breed is my Misty?

djmichelle

New Kit
She weighs 3.5Kg and possibly a medium size, but dying to know her exact breed as I bought her from Pets at Home, and don't knbow anyone who has owned a larger rabbit. I've had her 2 years and love her to bits, by far the best character I've seen.
misty1a.jpg

misty1.jpg

misty3.jpg

misty2.jpg

Looking forward to all your comments, you're a great bunch of kind people, thank you for all your help! :wave:

Last edited:
Ummmm neither I'm afraid! British Giants shouldn't weigh any less that 6kilos so shes no where near big enough:

http://www.thebrc.org/giant.htm

Flemish Giants shouldn't weigh any less than 5kilos and only come in Steel colour, your bunny is Agouti.

http://www.thebrc.org/flemish.htm

The fact that shes got one ear up and one down would suggest shes a cross - so I'd guess shes a German Lop Cross of some sort.

Have a look at this site if you're interested about German lops:

www.nationalgermanlopclub.co.uk

She's absolutely gorgeous!!!

She looks very happy and contented. I love the way her ears lay, one up and one lopped...so sweet.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I vote cross breed too and at that weight german lop cross seems feasible, although could also be a dwarf lop x, Splodge in my sig is dwarf lop cross English and he is around 3kg

Thank you, I think it's fair to say I wont be buying from P@H again, you never know what you're getting, no matter how cute they are, I just want to home them all! xx:lol:

Well I would say the vast majority of buns are a mix, all mine are mixed up :lol: :lol: You are very unlikely to get a pure bred bun without going to a breeder, although you do get them in rescues!

But my friends dwarf lops are tiny compared to my Misty, everyone thinks she's massive...

According the the BRC a German lop is max 3.8 kg and a dwarf lop 2.3 So I imagine if she is a german lop cross she will seem big to your friends dwarfs.

I've seen German lops and German lop crosses in p@h home before - so it is a good bet :D
She's beautiful - I love helicopter bunnies! :love:

Back