• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New member new bunnies

joannep

New Kit
I have 2 female netherland dwarfs and have just taken in a dwarf lop and a giant lop. Buster is the Giant one and I am concerned that he won't eat any veg and he eats very few pellets in fact he eats less than all the others. He is very affectionate and loves human contact! He has a 3 metre by 3 metre hutch with lots of toys and boxes to keep him happy, I have little experience of giant lops so any advice I would be grateful for. The Dwarf lop has a different personality and bites! she is improving slowly and is much calmer when she can see Buster, she used to live with a male rabbit but her owners split and could only take one with her! I wondered if there was any advice to stop the biteing? Shes ok once you have picked her up! Buster is being castrated so I wondered about trying to pair them up? is this likely to help? They have only met through the wire of their runs. Both have had their myxy jabs and I want to do the best by them.
Jo

Last edited:
if Buster is only picking ayt food food then i would get his teeth checked . he could have molar spurs which are causing him pain .

patience with the girl + spaying should help ....and id certainly have a go at bonding once they re both done as that might help too . ;)

he will still be fertile for up to 8 weeks after he's been neutered, but at the mo you need to get him settled and eating normally - I agree with Angie it could be his teeth need looking at, or it could just be nerves due to the move - sometimes they don't eat much for a few days - is he eating hay OK?

been to vet

Buster has been for his jabs and to be mirco chipped he was really brave and didn't flinch. He had a general check his teeth heart and lungs are all ok. He then stayed inside for a while ate some veg and food and kepted jumping on my lap for strokes and cuddles. I am wondering if it is because he is lonely when he's outside, he was a house rabbit so maybe he will have to stay indoors. He is a great rabbit! carrots only went to bite me once today. How should I deal with her biteing.....I usually say no! and continue to fuss her when she stops. She only bites when you first go into her
Jo

how can I tell what type of giant

I don't know what breed buster bunny is, he is a giant rabbit brown in colour with massive lop ears. obviously a giant lop of some desciption

Back