• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Splitting Drake and Josh Up??!!

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Well, Drake and Josh had a tiny bit of a 'disagreement' yesterday, so my mum says, if it carries on, we will have to split them up. That is basicly my Worst Nightmare!!

If it came to splitting them up, I would have to get them both a 'friend' right?
Also- I was thinking, one of them cant have the playhouse to them selves? So I would have to sell that, and get two large hutches?
I am so sad, but I have got to organise it, incase thats what it comes to?

Personally, I don't think it will, because they love each other really, its just sometims they fall out.
Jack x

i think its because there boys...more likely 2 have disagreements! do they have two of everything? two bowls, 2 water bottles, 2 beds etc? will help eliminate the squabbling maybe?

also remember its spring, all of my bunnies have been chasing each other recently, pulling fur etc, theyl settle down in a few weeks. xxx

peanut and jelly have started doing it, he chases her when she goes to get some pellets! so two bowls etc is probably a good way to go first, when you give them veggies, i dont know i fyou do but try cutting them up more so there is 2 more 2 go around, i.e dont give thema huge leaf of cabbage to share, cut it up and put it in 2 bowls!

hope thats helped xx

peanut and jelly have started doing it, he chases her when she goes to get some pellets! so two bowls etc is probably a good way to go first, when you give them veggies, i dont know i fyou do but try cutting them up more so there is 2 more 2 go around, i.e dont give thema huge leaf of cabbage to share, cut it up and put it in 2 bowls!

hope thats helped xx

Thanks. I will cut it up for them :D
I was just really worried that I would have to split them up:shock:...
Thsnk for all the help x x x
Jack x

how bad an argument was it? any blood? :shock: my 4 girls are quite rough with each other, usually when I appear with food as there's a real competitive spirit over that - I scatter pellets on the floor, so there's no dish to argue over, give water in a big dog bowl, so they can fit 3 heads in it at once, have two, 60cm litter trays side by side so they don't argue over hay, and veg gets thrown on the floor too. If I make eye contact and speak, Primrose will fly at her sisters, assuming I have food, so when I open up the shed and don't have food in my hand, I avoid looking at them directly or speaking, leave quickly after opening the door - let them all have a run round and let off some steam, give them some hay, then they are fine with me being there :)

PS - I've always cut veg up into small pieces too, so they can each snatch a piece and run off to their secret corner with it :lol:

how bad an argument was it? any blood? :shock: my 4 girls are quite rough with each other, usually when I appear with food as there's a real competitive spirit over that - I scatter pellets on the floor, so there's no dish to argue over, give water in a big dog bowl, so they can fit 3 heads in it at once, have two, 60cm litter trays side by side so they don't argue over hay, and veg gets thrown on the floor too. If I make eye contact and speak, Primrose will fly at her sisters, assuming I have food, so when I open up the shed and don't have food in my hand, I avoid looking at them directly or speaking, leave quickly after opening the door - let them all have a run round and let off some steam, give them some hay, then they are fine with me being there :)

Aww! It wasnt 'BAD'. There was no blood or anything, but Drake has got a small scratch on his nose? They are both fine though.
They are sat grooming each other now:shock:

Maybe if I get a big dog bowl for their water? That might also help?
Jakc x

I dont know if this idea will be any good and I am sure someone more knowledgable will come along and say either way, what about bonding Drake and Josh with girls and then making a foursome? The foursome could then have the playhouse and huge run :D

Just an idea, having lady friends might *ahem* distract them!!!

oh that doesn't sound bad - I do think same sex bonds aren't as easy as opposite sex bonds - but I've never had any other than bonded brothers/bonded sisters - I've had the girls 3 years now and there's been times when I've wondered if I should split them - Victoria was really being mounted constantly by her big sister Petunia a couple years back, and she seemed thin, but I watched them and made sure it didn't turn nasty, and Victoria seemed more happy than not, so I left them - and now Petunia grooms Victoria, and Victoria's a bossy little madam, so I think unless they are seriously fighting you should let them sort it out.

But there are things you can do to minimise fighting - a lot of my girls chasing sessions end when one girl jumps up on the patio chair or stool, or into a litter tray - so they need things to jump up on or hide behind (it's definitely out of sight, out of mind with bunnies - they haven't got much idea of object permanence) - and I give them a couple of big cardboard boxes every week, which they take a lot of aggression out on judging by the state of them after a week - they love ripping holes in them and making a 'warren' in the shed - and busy bunnies are less likely to argue :)

I dont know if this idea will be any good and I am sure someone more knowledgable will come along and say either way, what about bonding Drake and Josh with girls and then making a foursome? The foursome could then have the playhouse and huge run :D

Just an idea, having lady friends might *ahem* distract them!!!

Thats what I was going to do before. I was going to get a lady friend for them, and then have a threesome. But, my mum said to me to wait untill they have settled down. So maybe in the Summer?
I love this cutie:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=12313 :love:
Jack x

Thats what I was going to do before. I was going to get a lady friend for them, and then have a threesome. But, my mum said to me to wait untill they have settled down. So maybe in the Summer?
I love this cutie:
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=12313 :love:
Jack x

She is gorgeous!! Think you would like my Rockstar!! :lol: You are a lop lover!! There are some great pics of him in stories and photos!! (look at me like a PR for Rocky, its my new camera so I got nice pics) :oops::oops::oops:

But I do think having a lady would be a good distraction!! :D

She is gorgeous!! Think you would like my Rockstar!! :lol: You are a lop lover!! There are some great pics of him in stories and photos!! (look at me like a PR for Rocky, its my new camera so I got nice pics) :oops::oops::oops:

But I do think having a lady would be a good distraction!! :D

Those Pics are BEAUTIFUL!!:love: (I might steal your buns:rolleyes:):lol:
Jack x

Loved the pics of Drake and Josh on their Hols!!! Think you should pop out right now and take some more :lol::D

I'll take some, because my dad has got this really good camera (but he will be at work, so he won't know I used it ;))
Hopefuly they will still love each other them x
Jack x x

i think if youw ere going to get a friend jack you might need 2 frends because they might squabble over the lady!! lol!

try a large dog bowl 4 water and the 2 bowls thing and cut up all the veggies small so they can snatch a bit and run off with it. hope it works xx

Right, so would a bonder pair of girls be good to bond with D&J?
Jack x

they wouldnt need to be bonded at first, two individual girls would be fine. i think theyw ould have to be fairly submissive girls as drake as you already have 2 boys and u dont want too many bunnies wanting to be top bun x

Back