• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope I am Doing the Right Thing.......Re Dermot

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Because Dermot has a chronic incurable gut problem which will definately shorten his life :cry: we have dithered over vaccinating him and he was not done with all the others last month. However, Dermie has not had a 'GI episode' for over three weeks ( hope I dont come to regret typing that :? ) So this morning he is having his Myxo vac. To say I am nervous would be an understatement.......:oops:

'Stay Well Dermot' vibes needed please

Janex

Lots and lots of vibes for scrummy Dermot....haven't seen his piccie for ages.....any pics of the cutie pie?

I'm in the same boat at the mo with my boy. He's not had his jab yet as he hasn't been 100% lately.

Is there anything you can do before and after the jab to lessen any effects of the jab Jane?

Lots of love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Sending Dermot vibes, I have done the same thing with Nibbles, she had her vac's last time, but they really knocked her about.

Thanks fot all the vibes :)
Dermot has been vaccinated now. He was a very brave boy whilst I was a jibbering wreck :oops: :rolleyes: Just have to hope it does not cause another 'GI episode'.

On a more positive note, Christabel said that the thickened area in his adbomen does not feel quite as bad as it did previously :?. Obviously the problem is still there, but so far it does not appear to have worsened. Christabel said that when she first felt the thickening she did not think Dermot would last 6 weeks let alone 6 months !!

Time for a calming cuppa for me now!! :lol:

Janex

Last edited:
On a more positive note, Christabel said that the thickened area in his adbomen does not feel quite as bad as it did previously . Obviously the problem is still there, but so far it does not appear to have worsened. Christabel said that when she first felt the thickening she did not think Dermot would last 6 weeks let alone 6 months !!

Awwww..that's great news Jane!!! What meds is he on for his tum?

Lots of love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hi Jane:wave:

Oh, I thought perhaps he may have ranitidine. What does he have when he's symptomatic?

Hope Dermie's ok. Sending him snuggles.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back