• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just weighed my 12 week old flemish! does he look over weight? Pictures

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Hes 3.1kg! Same as Marble and he still has 6 months of growing to do!

How do I no if hes overweight as hes belly is very round!

therun047.jpg

Look at the space he has to run about in
therun007.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't say over weight. His belly looks a bit large in that photo but that position does tend to make rabbits look fat and he's laying on the edge of the paving too. Might be worth getting the vet to feel - has he had jabs yet? If not just ask when you get those done :)

I wouldn't say over weight. His belly looks a bit large in that photo but that position does tend to make rabbits look fat and he's laying on the edge of the paving too. Might be worth getting the vet to feel - has he had jabs yet? If not just ask when you get those done :)

they are both having there vhd jab fri. Pepper has deff got alot heaver in last 2 weeks! I give them unlimited pellets, hay and greans every other day.

Do they eat much hay? Sometimes with babies they'll gorge on pellets and not eat enough hay so it can be better to restrict pellets. I've never fed any of mine on unlimited pellets and they've always grown fine :) Other babies are fine and will eat loads of hay anyway. Wild rabbits grow fine on grass and plants - pellets are mainly designed to increase the growth rate but steady growth is probably more health than quick growth anyway :)

Worms are quite rare in rabbits, if it was a puppy/kitten with a big belly I'd suggest worming so it might be worth asking the vet about it. There is a wormer designed for bunnies.

Tamsin

I think generally it is advised to only give a handful of pellets a day and unlimited hay. If he has his bowl constantly full of pellets he will get overweight and won't be wearing his teeth down by eating enough hay. I don't think he looks overweight at the moment.

They are lovely buns!

How do I make sure both get correct ammount? They have hay but arnt mad on it. They love greens they have cabbage and carrots, Im trying to grow grass in there run thats why one of the corners is sectioned off, SHell

Back