• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has Science Selective changed slightly???

charlie3

Warren Scout
My bunnies seem to have gone off SS since opening a new bag the other day, which is very odd for them as they love their pellets usually.

Have the ingedients changed, it does smell a bit different?!

Anyone else having the same problem?

Claire

yeah it has changed, something to do with seasonal variation :cry: I have had to change one of my buns to a different food as she didn't touch pellets for 2 weeks! The other 2 only went off it for a few days then got use to it.

There's a sticky about this somewhere; I think Neil & Maria wrote it, though I may be wrong :lol:

Last edited:
very annoyingly, science selective manufacturers claim it hasn't changed at all - they must be blind :shock: My bunnies couldn't care less - they dive in anyway, but I do worry about it upsetting their tums when it's soooooo different each bag :?

They seem to eat it eventually, but not like their usual 30 seconds flat!!!!
But then i worry if just one of them is eating it!! As whenever i go to look neither of them are eating it! Arrrrgggghhhhh. They are still both eating plenty of hay and greens. I might just get another bag to see if that helps. :roll:

Hi :wave:

Yes it has changed. It changes due to seasonal variability and unfortunately my dental bunnies won't eat the new pellets. Not only that the density of the pellets changes from month to month which is a pain as my dental buns won't eat the really dense stuff. The actual pellet size changes from month to month too. Sometimes long, other times short, sometimes huge like wotsits. I wish they could stick to the same density and size. The density of the pellets can be altered as that is dictated by the machine they use when producing the pellets as can the shape. My dental buns will only eat the crumbly pellets, not the dense ones and the long spindley pellets are better as they are easier for them to eat.

Maybe worth contacting Nick Thomas who is the quality control chap for SS. He's very helpful and can be contacted on thomas.n@supremepetfoods.com

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Big? I just opened a 10kg sack and they are all small, dark and curly. Poppy won't touch them :roll:

yeah mine had just got used to the massive ones (wotsits is a good analogy :lol:) - then I got a bag of curly thin dark ones - they are rock hard as I found when I had to mash them into porridge for Maa - even 10mins soaking didn't soften them much :shock:

I really think it would be worth those of you that have probs with the density of the pellets contacting Nick Thomas as he's very helpful. His email is thomas.n@supremepetfoods.com . I know that he can alter the density of the pellets as the machine they use can be manipulated to change the density of the pellets from hard to softer. They can also change the shape of the pellets too.

The more people that contact him about the density issues the greater the chance of there being a change and he is very helpful.

Nic and Harvey x

Back