• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet my pigs.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Bear;
Bear002.jpg

Motley;
Guineas05.jpg

Pip;
S5030489.jpg

Pipkin;
S5030488.jpg

Gigi, 2 days after she arrived (we think she fell off the back of a lorry);
GiGi02.jpg

Gigi; growing up;
S5030748.jpg

Gigi, just before she went outside to live with Scarlet;
S50307503.jpg

Scarlet;
S50307543.jpg

Sorry Scarlet's photo has gone on sideways, but you can see how lovely she is.

Omg i've always wanted a pet pig, they are such intelligent, beautiful creatures. I managed to make my mum want one too but my dad say no :(:lol:

The real pigs are fantastic, Gigi is quite cheeky and confident, Scarlet is much quieter and gentle. She stands on her back legs to look over the pen, Scarlet can't do that, she has tp sit down to look up. I would love to know if it is the upbringing or the breeding that makes such a difference.
Gigi was found at 2 weeks old running around a road and we've had her since then, she is a commercial large white breed of pig. Scarlet was bought from a farmer who was fattening her up for meat at the age of 3 months as a companion for Gigi, she is a tamworth cross GOS.
They are both very clever and human orientated.

awww :D big pigs and little pigs are gorgeous - I think the neighbours would have a fit if I got any big ones though :lol:

Back