• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there hope? (Bonding bunnys)

Elimy1987

Warren Scout
Sorry guys yet another bonding query theres always gota be one :lol: Rite anyways some of you may have seen that ive got a new lil bunny honey and im hoping to eventually in time bond her with smokey my 8 month old lionhead who may i add is castrated :) anyway the other day i put them together while being supervised and he went up to her licked her and then just walked off to do his own stuff and she just sniffed him, problem is put them together again for literally 1 second on monday and as i put her down he went for her and growled (never heard a rabbit growl! :shock:) luckily i quickly scooped her up and put smokey in his run to chill out. Do you think there still could be hope for these two? Im so scared that honey will get hurt now if i put them together! xx

there first few meetings and the bonding area needs to be neutral both buns should ideally be neutered, and i think ther is hope you just need to give them time to get used to each other during bonding humping and fur pulling and chasing is very normal this is to establish dominance.

In my experience bonding works better if you introduce them just once, from scratch and don't separate unless you have to...
it's an 'all or nothing' kind of thing... if you keep popping them in with each other, they'll tend to go through the difficult part of bonding (ie the initiall meeting) over and over again and are likely to build up bad experiences with each other... this won't do any good in the long run :)

Back