• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where's my nearest Rabbit Show? - Please help..

djmichelle

New Kit
Hi there everyone, I would love to go to a rabbit show, I live in Rotherham with Misty my medium sized Flemish Housebunny, have tried to google for Yorkshire and hardly anything comes up, can you enlighten me? Thanks:cry:

do you want to show your buns?
i was dissapointed when i went to one (albeit i was a lot younger) the bunnys had little room to be in and were sat like that in thier little areas for ages. i know there are people on here who show and i am sure they ensure the welfare of their rabbits i just would love to go and see them hopping around being happy, still each to their own i would try the brc website and see if that helps.

Hiya
You could log onto fur and feather website (BRC) as they list all the shows. I went to one last year just to view not to show. I was very disappointed, the people were not at all friendly and just ignored us - perhaps it may have been different if we were exhibiting. I felt like an intruder!! Might be different at a big show, but this was a little village one!! Nice to see all the bunnies though.

xx

Hiya,

Shows are organised by the British Rabbit Council - www.thebrc.org the dates are on their website.

You won't be able to show your rabbit unless it's rung (has a ring on it's ankle) and you have in registered in your name. Some shows do have pet class but check first :)

Tamsin

There's one in Doncaster every so often. I went to one and just felt so sorry for the buns in those tiny wire cages :(

Thank You

A Big thank you to you all for your replies, nice to know how helpful everyopne appears to be on here. I havent decided whether to show her, but would like some of you guys, looking around for happy buns, although maybe getting advice too but if the people are not so nice, then I might be put off by that, I believe you need to feel welcomed to places like that. Thanks again for you help xx

Back