• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gah!!!! Stupid Neighbours!!!!! U/D sorted :)

Siona

Mama Doe
I have new neighbours, both stone deaf, both retired and DIY mad. I just went out and something told me there was something wrong with my garden but I couldn't but my finger on it until I noticed what looked like lots of fly poop on a piece of board I use to hold down the sun cover.

Then I realised....

My whole frickin' garden is covered in a spray of fence treatment! My plants, my patio, the hutch, the run, THE BUNS!!! Poor Dougal; being white, is really speckly :( DOris is covered too but you can't see it, only feel the crustyness. It must have dried instantly.
I reckon they used this stupid spray thing, but how inconsiderate to not even check what was on the other side?!!! :evil:

I don't know what I'm going to do, I'll have to brush it out I think. I don't even know if it's toxic as I don't know what they used and they aren't exactly friendly because they find it hard to communicate without sign language. :roll:

Last edited:
Write them a note. Doesn't matter that they are deaf, you have a right to be angry. They have damaged your property and could have harmed your pet's.

Good grief I'd go round there now and ask them what they used because its all over your rabbits and you want to know whether you need a vet or not!

How :censored: inconsiderate of them!

edit: are they completely deaf or hard of hearing? I'd write a note if they are deaf. You need to know what it is.

definately say something to them,
maybe ask to pay for damage?

or is that a bit harsh as they are oldies? :lol:

whether they are old or not, that is out of order. If they are deaf, i agree, write them a letter to let them know.

I have an inconsiderate neighbour a couple of houses down the road who ALWAYS has parties. LOUD ones with barbecues. Just as you hang your white washing out.

they have obviously done this without thinking the best thing to do is write a letter in clear writing maybe print it off computer and pop by try explaining to them that while you realise it wasnt their intention to harm your animals or your property you are really worried because there is fence paint sprayed right over your buns. i expect they didnt realise it would go through the fence to other side so it is unlikely they have done this delibratly. first priority try rubbing/washing it off buns and clean it off most fence paint is safe for animals once dry but in case they ingested any of it off grass/each other i would keep an eye on them... see if you can get a sample of it so if you later find it toxic the vets will know exactly what they are treating. unfortunatly i think this is all you can do for now.

I went round there, but I took Dougal round too so they could see what they had done.
They were fine about it, really apologetic and there was no doubt it was accidental. It was really difficult to talk to them but we muddled through with improvised sign language and big mouthing :)

THe lady stroked Dougal and he was really good and sat in my arms looking all cute and speckly :roll: then she dragged me through and showed me their degus:)

The man showed me the bottle and it was ROnseal spray. It said it was safe for pets once it was dry? THey really couldn't say sorry enough and said it must have been the wind.

Aww, glad you got it sorted. I imagine that it shouldn't cause any harm that sort of amount should dry pretty quick.

If your interested a lot of colleges do beginner sign language courses. Handy for communicating and looks good on your CV. I learnt the alphabet in lower school from a friend it seemed very cool at the time :lol:

Back