• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone give any advice??

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
I was grooming Josh earlier, and noticed that he has a small 'slit' in the bottom of his Right ear? What can this be??

Also..

Is it normal for the buns, as they are 'malting' to be leaving fur ALL OVER the run??
Jack x

i dont know about the other stuff bt the moulting is normal. peanut and domino are nightmares, they just lose fluff all the time!

Did you notice the slit the same time you noticed the tufts of fur? Is the Slit in his ear bleeding or fresh looking?

If so they may have had a scuffle if he is bonded?

Did you notice the slit the same time you noticed the tufts of fur? Is the Slit in his ear bleeding or fresh looking?

If so they may have had a scuffle if he is bonded?

The slit is not bleeding, or it isn't fresh, it just looks like it has been there for...ages?
The fur, has been there for a few days?
Jack x x

Well if the ear is an old slit then I guess its an old injury that you'd not noticed before. If its not red, or sore looking and the fur is growing back then I wouldn't worry.

The fur is probably just moult then. My Arthur is really into his moult at the moment and fur everywhere.

my buns had little slits in their ears, from over grooming the inside. i asked the vet what it was and they said it was fine and should clear up. just to keep an eye on it.

as for moulting, my once red carpet is now white after only hoovering it yesterday!

my buns had little slits in their ears, from over grooming the inside. i asked the vet what it was and they said it was fine and should clear up. just to keep an eye on it.

as for moulting, my once red carpet is now white after only hoovering it yesterday!

My garden looks like the clouds have fallen down- you have to swim through fur o get to the buns:lol:
jack x

Don't worry, when I bonded Gloria and Wolfie they had a fight and it ended with Wolfie having a slight tear in his ear. It healed cleanly and is OK. It's probably a tear that happened a while ago. As long as it is not bleeding and isn't swollen or hot, it will be fine.

bertie came to me aged 18 months and a big soft old thing but hed chased their neighbours cat for chasing their cat..i noticed old injuries but at first thought they were more recent..they were five slits form cat claws..his ear tip was patterned and slit all on the edge...
funny wither weve got used to it or it has carried on healing as it doiesnt seem anywhere near as big now 2 years on...

moulting..dontt alk to me about moulting..i got rid of carpet after flood and then got lino...i thought itd make things easier..carpets great for holding the fur down..lino means i have huge soft "tumbleweeds" blowing around the lounge..kitchen..and then onto the chairs etc and our clothing....even my cat has aquired some extra white patches on his black fur..and its not his!:lol:

I bought one of these bunny brushes:
621556969261.png

I groom my two whenever I can catch them when they're moulting. The bristles collect all the loose fluff so its easy just to toss in the bin. There's a lot less stray fluff up my nose and in my craft making now than there was before I bought this. Before I had so much stray fluff during a moult I swear I could swim in it!

I'm also going to say that the slit in his ear is most likely an old bite or something. I wouldn't be too worried about it unless it looked fresh or particulary painful.

Back