• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My last photos of my Reuben

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
My brother got these last night while I was watching Eastenders with my little man so I thought I would share them with you :D

DSC09452.jpg

Sleeping in his favourite place, he would always cuddle right up to me when I was watching telly or on here :love:

DSC09476.jpg

DSC09497.jpg

DSC09504.jpg

DSC09505.jpg

DSC09531.jpg

DSC09535.jpg

He seemed ok when these were taken and was acting normally x

Oh that's so sweet. I guess he has sadly gone to the bridge since? I am so sorry. Perhaps these cuddles were his way of saying goodbye and that he loves you?
xx

Aww he is a wee cutie, he was lovely, and it was clear he loved you loads. Big Hugs, and R.I.P Reuben xx

Thank you guys :love:

Perhaps these cuddles were his way of saying goodbye and that he loves you?

I was lucky enough to get these cuddles every single day since I got him about 6 months ago, I dont think he was saying goodbye because this is just what he did ;) He was just a very sweet lad and loved sleeping on my neck :)

I did smile earlier when I looked at some pictures of when I first got him :) I cant bring myself to pack his cage away though so I will probably have an empty cage in my room for ages :oops: :(

Thank you guys :love:

I was lucky enough to get these cuddles every single day since I got him about 6 months ago, I dont think he was saying goodbye because this is just what he did ;) He was just a very sweet lad and loved sleeping on my neck :)

I did smile earlier when I looked at some pictures of when I first got him :) I cant bring myself to pack his cage away though so I will probably have an empty cage in my room for ages :oops: :(

I still haven't cleaned out Maa's hutch - it's like a memorial for her, complete with pink litter tray still full of hay :oops:

:love: beautiful pictures. My Domonik ( who was thrown into a skip with his brothers ) was just like Reuben, always wanting to snuggle. You have some lovely memories to remember him by.

Lovely lovely piccies. What a gorgeous little boy. It looks as though he loved you very much and you obviously had a very special bond. How lucky to share such special moments together. I'm sorry for your loss. How did you come to have Reuben...what's his story?

Big hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Lovely lovely piccies. What a gorgeous little boy. It looks as though he loved you very much and you obviously had a very special bond. How lucky to share such special moments together. I'm sorry for your loss. How did you come to have Reuben...what's his story?

Big hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Thank you :D

I adopted some of my other rats from a lovely lady over here who takes in unwanted animals last summer :) Reuben was her own pet but when his cage mates died in October she didnt want him to live alone and she called me to see if I could introduce him to any of my boys. We have to come to England with a car to get pet rats here so it wasnt easy for her to just go and adopt a new friend for him, it was very hard for her to give him up and she loved him so much too :cry:

He became ill around that time with his breathing and he didnt end up living with any of my boys, but we decided it was best he stayed here because he was at least getting some ratty company during free range time with my others :) Because he was living by himself though and only playing with my rats each day he was out of his cage all the time I was home with me so he didnt get lonely :)

He was never unwanted though :D He had a great life with his previous owner and I know she thought very hard about what was the right thing to do for him and it was a hard decision for her to make. She was always texting just to check on him and she is going to miss him as much as I do :( And she is ok with me making the decision to have him put to sleep but I feel awful for her because she has just lost her beautiful bunny too :cry:

Back