• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Panacur liquid over paste

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Im going to panacur for 28 days i think... no problems with the buns but i want to do it as a precaution as marsha will be going for bonding soon.

should I ask my vet about the liquid? is it easier to administer? is it likely he will say I shouldn't use it?

x

You dont have to buy the Panacur Liquid from your Vet. You can buy it online.
It contains exactly the same active ingredient ( Fenbendazole ) as the paste but is much more economical when treating multiple Rabbits. It is just that the paste is actually licenced for use in Rabbits whereas the Liquid is not. This is not because the liquid is 'unsafe' but just that the (costly to the manufacturer) licencing procedure has not been done.

I use the Panacur 10% Liquid at a dose of 0.2ml/kg ( 20mg/kg )

http://www.wormers.co.uk/acatalog/O...mers_16.html?gclid=CMmDvOuRppMCFQ1KQgodiBVKoQ

Janex

right I have the 2.5% solution which is 0.8ml per kg.

the vet said he agreed and was happy to recommend it although he had to make me sign a declaration for an unlicsenced product.

truoble is, he forgot to give me a syringe lol. so im going to pick some up tomorrow.

he said 9 days should be sufficient? is this ok?

x

I've got a 9 days course as a prevention. My problem is getting it into him! It is the only time he is really bites me and he HATES having his mouth touched. I tried putting it in grape - he left it. I don't know what to do now.

You dont have to buy the Panacur Liquid from your Vet. You can buy it online.
It contains exactly the same active ingredient ( Fenbendazole ) as the paste but is much more economical when treating multiple Rabbits. It is just that the paste is actually licenced for use in Rabbits whereas the Liquid is not. This is not because the liquid is 'unsafe' but just that the (costly to the manufacturer) licencing procedure has not been done.

I use the Panacur 10% Liquid at a dose of 0.2ml/kg ( 20mg/kg )

http://www.wormers.co.uk/acatalog/O...mers_16.html?gclid=CMmDvOuRppMCFQ1KQgodiBVKoQ

Janex

just remeber to tell them you have a dog & don't have any rabbits at all no sir no bunnys here, definately not giving them an unliscenced medicine.

I've got a 9 days course as a prevention. My problem is getting it into him! It is the only time he is really bites me and he HATES having his mouth touched. I tried putting it in grape - he left it. I don't know what to do now.

I mixed mine with mashed banana, they loved it!:D

Another panacur question. Sorry, I'm being really thick and can't work out my dose for Bella .:oops:

I've got 28 day lapizole with the little pump thingy. It says one pump action per 0.5kg of bunny weight. I haven't weighed her but went for 2 squirts. Does this seem right? She an average sized bun. I don't have any way of weighing her accurately. Any thoughts?

BTW Bella is being treated for possible E cuniculi as she has back leg weakness, although vet thinks it could be arthritus or maybe (I really hope not) a spinal growth. She has also lost weight and litter training has gone to pot.

But she is still happily hoping about and eating well.

I would say the avarage size bunny is 2.5 kg which would be 5 squirts, do you know what breed she is as this could give you more of an idea on weight?

She's a kind of moggy lop with a touch of lionhead (but bigger than a lionhead) Sorry that's really vague isn't it! Her dutch harlequin friend is the same size if that helps.

Cheers

She's a kind of moggy lop with a touch of lionhead (but bigger than a lionhead) Sorry that's really vague isn't it! Her dutch harlequin friend is the same size if that helps.

Cheers

I would say around 2kg to 2.5 kg then, but thats only a guess. My dutch weighs about 2.2kg but I know some dutch can be much larger. :D

Back