• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arthur's agression U/D he is a reformed character

Kay

Mama Doe
Arthur has been back with us for about 2 weeks now and his old aggressive behaviour is coming back which I think is because he is settling down again.

He keeps biting us although only nips at the moment. Its really frustrating I have had his teeth checked and they were fine. He had them rasped ever so slightly but the vet was happy that they were good. He has had a full health check and no underlying problems. I guess we just keep wearing the gloves.

He is a very intelligent bunny and I think I will try an assault course or something next. Keep him active and busy. Its scary though having a bun that growls and lunges at you sometimes when he is free range I feel a prisioner in the house. I guess with time things will settle down.

Last edited:
i really feel for you, i fostered a rspca bun that was aggresive and i readed going to feed her and clean her, i had to clean her bum daily which became a real chore!

hope the assault course works

As long as the assault course doesn't result in me being assaulted! lol

Its really becoming a pain though :cry:

I have to update this because amazingly Arthur has turned into a dream bunny to the point that last night he even licked me :love:

I no longer fear him biting me and now we have regular cuddles. He is such a reformed character. I think some of it is that he just took a long time for his hormones to settle after the neuter, bonding attempt and GI statis. He is now the picture of health and really loving :D

Thank you, its been quite a journey for us both. I still have the scar across my wrist where he bit me and its now hard to think it was the same bunny.

He totally chills out in the house now as well and crashes out to watch telly. Plus best of all, he know longer wees and poops everywhere :thumb:

Brilliant news! Just shows you how long it can take for them to settle down, and he did have a fair amount of stress I guess.

You now have to give us some updated photos :D

Back