• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Strange Behavioural Characteristic

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Callisto wee's in her litter tray whenever I walk into the spare room. She runs to the litter tray and 'adopts the position'.

Any idea's why?
Is she excited to see me, does she feel the need to mark, is she scared?

I've never had, seen or heard of a bunster doing this before.

She's probably just marking.

Phoebe does it every time me or my dog go into the bedroom where she spends most of her time....even though it's MY room she seems to feel the need to wee in her tray when I first go in as if she is claiming the space :roll:

Yeah, probably just marking to claim her territory in case you want to 'steal' it.

My Sh*tty used to come running into the bathroom and do her business every time somebody used the toilet. We had to put a litter tray next to the loo :oops: :lol:

Yep - my Maddie does this too! Normally once I've had a cuddle of her, she runs to the litter tray and "goes" - makes a change from weeing ON me I suppose!

Im glad she's not an oddball anyway. The marking makes the most sense as she is a right grump about her space.

Im pretty sure she isn't scared of me because she likes to tell me off :rolleyes: and begs for nose rubs. She does get excited about food but I dont think A&P are that exciting for anybun!

Mine do exactly the same, I thought it was an anxiety thing but couldnt work out why as they are well handled and very tame.

Either marking territory or she was about to wee somewhere else until you came into the room and she thought 'oh god I'd better do it in the tray now' :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back