• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can a indoor rabbit live out side?

teresa1982

New Kit
i have a rabbit that lives indoors, could my rabbit live out side if i by a outdoor hutch?
wud he cope cos the temp difference etc?

It is possible but you have to be careful to do it at the right time of year when it is warmer outside (perhaps in a month or so?). You would also have to think about them being more lonely if they are not inside. If you are wanting your bun to live outside it would be best to get him/her a friend other wise he/she will get very lonely and bored. Also there are more things to be aware of health wise such as flystrike (this can happen inside as well though). Some buns prefer life outdoors :D you would have to get a run too so your bun can excercise :D

assuming you're in the UK (weather's a bit extreme for bunnies in parts of the world) - yes he'd be fine - I had 3 indoor bunnies and moved them all outside - now is the perfect time of year for it :)

I've moved my indoor rabbit out a few weeks ago (basically since I was going away and thought I needed a bunny-sitter, its so much easier for my neighbors to feed them when they're outside, I had the food in the shed).
It was very warm that week and since I had my window open on my bedroom for weeks in advance the temperature chance wasn't all that big really.:D (Heck sometimes its even colder in my bedroom than it is outside:lol:) He's got company...in the sense that he lives side-by-side with a neutered female, but they can't live together because he humps her all the time:roll:

Back