• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Treat suggestions?

KathyT

Warren Scout
Hi all, :wave:

I was thinking I'd like to vary Tibbler and Nibbler's diet a little, but I'm not sure what to give them. At the moment they are very partial to carrot and apple chunks, and they go out on the grass most days, but what else can I tempt them with?

Is there anything they musn't eat? I don't really want to give them soft fruit in case they get diarrohea or something...

Thanks!

My buns enjoy dried fruit occassionally. Like dried pineapple, banana, papaya, raisins, apple. I've also just got them into herbs like parsley and coriander.

Mine love strawberries, banana, melon and fruit leaves :) I only give them very small pieces of fruit though :)

I also make games out of feeding time, last night I gave Trip and Scarlett their pellets in a paper bag with hay and scrunched up the tops :) They played with them for ages before actually getting inside :lol: x

Mine love strawberries, banana, melon and fruit leaves :) I only give them very small pieces of fruit though :)

I also make games out of feeding time, last night I gave Trip and Scarlett their pellets in a paper bag with hay and scrunched up the tops :) They played with them for ages before actually getting inside :lol: x

That's a great idea - I'm gonna try that!

That's a great idea - I'm gonna try that!

I always make them work for their food :oops: :lol: Im so mean :lol:

Sometimes I scatter their pellets in their hay so they have to look for them. I also use toilet rolls and stuff one end with hay, fill the middle with pellets and then stuff the other end with hay so they have to get to them :)

Here is Buu trying to get her pellets out of her willow ball :lol: It kept her occupied for hours ;)

DSC08607.jpg

DSC08642.jpg

I just wrap the pellets in hay and then stuff it inside the willow balls x

Oh bless! What a great idea - they already love toilet rolls and paper etc!

Nibbler has a plastic ball that dispenses treats as he rolls it, but sometimes they get stuck and he gets really frustrated! :lol:

Back