• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys & games 4 rabbits room

Nicola3

Mama Doe
I want to fill the rabbits room and lounge full of fun things for my rabbits to play in and with.

Harvey is a wild bunny I have looked after from a baby as is Primrose. I found him laying injured in the road aged 8 weeks and as a result he has to have his molars burred every few montsh due to a slightly misaligned jaw. He had his incisors removed as they were affected too. They have their own room in the house, full run of the house when I'm in and a huge walk-in outdoor enclosure.

I would like some ideas as to what to fill their room with to keep them occupied. It's more difficult for Harvey as he has no incisors so can't chew things but he does love the tassles that hang off the throws on the sofa in the lounge. He scrapples with them and puts his gummy little mouth on them. Harvey loves digging around in his pet carrier and will spend ages trtying to turf out towels and bedding that I shove in there for him to play with.

DSCF1033.jpg

DSCF1034.jpg

DSCF1035.jpg

He likes climbing on things and investigating...
DSCF1018.jpg

Chilling on the window sill
harvwindow02.jpg

With Primrose...
harvprim03.jpg

Please could you give me as many ideas as possible as to what I can put in their room to keep them occupied. Things to play with, climb on and investigate. They are both very adventurous and have a lot more energy than a domestic bunny.

I would also like ideas on items I can put in the lounge...doesn't matter if it makes a mess or looks out of place.

Very grateful for any ideas.

Lots of love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

My bun loves his cardboard box. I stuff it with straw and he digs it out, chews in the flaps and jumps on the top. He loves to dig the top!

Where do you get your cardboard boxes from? They used to have them in the supermarkets near the exit but they don't do that anymore.

Lots of love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I work in McDonalds so i take mine from there, its good because i can get ones of all shapes and sizes!

They are recycled otherwise, you could go into your local McDonalds and ask for some.

I was thinking about dropping into a local shop etc..thanks for that :D

Any other ideas for fun and games?

Please keep them coming.

Love,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I stuff toilet rolls and kitchen roll tubes with hay and stick a treat right in the middle like a bit of banana. This keeps them occupied for ages - just don't make it too hard to get at it otherwise they get bored and give up!

if you dont mind a little mess digging boxes are fab :D my twos digging box started as a very small tray of sand which has slowly been upgraded and is now a 4ft long indoor cage base full of soil (this is the first time i have tried with soil instead of child play sand) they love it especially whe you hide little treats in it that they have to dig out :D helps keep them cool too as on a hot day they can dig a little hole then flop their bellies in it :D
they also love cardboard forts if you have a big enough space you can join loads of boxes together with tunnels and little windows etc etc. mine also liked it when i hung a towel in the doorway of their cage they loved running through it and playing with it :D

Mine love anything that hangs from their roof!! Bells, tassels, chews etc. They love playing with them. A childs plastic chair is always a good investment! One of mine picks it up (i kid you not) in his mouth and launches it across the run, two sit on it and one sits under it :lol: You can get them really cheap but they all seem to love them! If you have a spare phonebook they will love shredding that! Mine also love seagrass or willow baskets. Filled with hay etc or just to pick up and throw or sit in :D

Brilliant ideas :D...please keep them coming.

Would love to see piccies too :D Any pics of your cardboard castles :D

Any ideas for incisorless buns too. What can I use for tassley things? He loves playing with the tassles of our throws.

Thank you!!!

Nicola and Harvey xxx

You could use possibly curtain ties. You know the tassell ones? Or you get rope type toys with tassells for birds etc that might be of use. You could even tie some strips of material together to make them yourself. Sometimes even a towel to play with bunnies love too. I meant to say earlier both your buns look lovely :D

Thank you minimallow...you're an angel....brilliant ideas.

After finding Harvey he inspired me to help other bunnies in need. Primrose and Harvey are both wild rabbits so are into everything. Harvey is a real character and loves playing. I try my best to make their life as fulfilled as possible. He has a lovely outdoor enclosure.

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1065.jpg

I try and help other wildie buns in need as well when I can as they are my real passion. They have greater needs when it comes to space, freedom and being able to exhibit their natural behaviour which is why I have had some new enclosures built out the back to help when I can.

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back