• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sykes Combo happy hutch cleaning

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
Hi there I've just had the sykes combo from happy hutch put together and I'm confused how are you supposed to get at the hutch to clean it I would have thought stand in the run but the run opens up to cover the doors at the front of the hutch ??? I'm only small so only way I can see is to get a step ladder to lean in through the roof have I done something wrong putting it together if not how does everyone else manage it???

Is the Sykes one the one with the 4ft x 6ft run? I struggle to lean in and clean my happyhutch combo with the 4ft x 4ft run and end up with marks and scratches from leaning in so much :shock: :lol:

I think all you can do is flip the hutch around so the run is behind the hutch instead of infront :) Lots of people on here have theirs like this so its easier to access the hutch x

I have the hutch doors facing away from the run, so I can stand right in front of it and clean it. You could also turn the lid of the run around, so that it opens away from the hutch and then stand inside the run. But if you have escape artists like some of my bunnies, you would be in trouble when having the lid open for more than a few seconds. :lol:

I have the hutch doors facing away from the run, so I can stand right in front of it and clean it. You could also turn the lid of the run around, so that it opens away from the hutch and then stand inside the run. But if you have escape artists like some of my bunnies, you would be in trouble when having the lid open for more than a few seconds. :lol:

:lol: Was just going to search for some of your pics incase I didnt explain it properly :lol:

Is the Sykes one the one with the 4ft x 6ft run? I struggle to lean in and clean my happyhutch combo with the 4ft x 4ft run and end up with marks and scratches from leaning in so much :shock: :lol:

I think all you can do is flip the hutch around so the run is behind the hutch instead of infront :) Lots of people on here have theirs like this so its easier to access the hutch x

Flippin nora... if only i had thought of that! I have to lift off the roof everytime i clean them out and feed them and it always ends up with Bandit making a break for freedom and jumping out of the hutch and perching on the corner wondering what to do next :roll:

I put the lid of the run on the opposite way around so as to make it easier! I couldn't have reached over the end of the run and putting the hutch on the other way around wasn't really practical because of where it had to sit!

Hannah

Last edited:
I put the lid of the run on the opposite way around so as to make it easier! I couldn't have reached over the end of the run and putting the hutch on the other way around wasn't really practical because of where it had to sit!

Hannah

I think I am going to turn the lid of my run around this week :lol:

Hannah

I did that too, it was the only way I can have it now that it's between the two sheds :)

Edited to add a picture of the lid open
P1090493RESIZED.jpg

Oh good idea! How do you secure the run door down then? I hurt myself everytime i clean it out, thankgod my buns only go in their liitter trays!! :rolleyes:

Back