• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2nd hand hutch

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Ive been giving a nice 4ft hutch it needs cleaning inside i dont use hutches so whats the best thing to clean it with?

Well I'd advise to get some:lol:
I use a bleach solution..allow to dry..rinse..allow to dry then use Virkon..

best for 2nd hand cages..

as far as i know (defo on cosmetics and i am 99% on all products with brand name) tesco do not test on animals so their bleach own brand should be ok.

i use morrisons disenfectant n it says they dont test on animals?i just fill a spray bottle with the disenfectant,clean hutch n spray it all over hutch n leave it around 2hrs dry.x

Co-op bleach is BUAV approved :D

I know some places use a blow torch on the inside of hutches to get rid of nasties....sounds dangerous, but lots of fun :lol:

I bought some all purpose cleaner from co op just scrubbed it out and hosed it off with jet wash spray:oops::lol: is it ok to do that?

I use bleach as well. It's the only thing (along with extremem heat) that kills EC spores off.

Back