• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent, Fosterers in Hampshire/Kent/Sussex

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
No idea whats going on but Gems just txt me asking to put up an urgent request for fosterers for her animals :? There are 11 rabbits (4 pairs) & 4 GP's (1 trio, 1 single). Thanks for reading, Hope someone can help X

Are these her own animals?
Hope nothing serious has happened. :(

Wish I was closer and could help out. We would have room for the single piggy if it could be got to us.

Jill, her username is just 'Gem' :) They are her own animals yep, not sure whats going on tbh - havent heard anything else from her. Is Bedfordshire near to those places I posted? I'll pass it on about the G.Pig, Thank you :) X

No, we're not near I'm afraid, but if a bunny/pig run is heading up this way then maybe something could be worked out. We're here as a back up if needed anyway, hopefully people who are closer will be able to help out.

Is this Gem who lives down towards Portsmouth?

If she is desperate and cannot find alternative placement for the piggies I could take them. However I would need to know for how long this would be as I dont want to compromise on rescue space for too long, we have 2 rescues near us who are closed for the summer :(

Doesnt one of her rabbits have EC? Cause if it does the others could too and people fostering could be putting there rabbits at risk

Okay now know whats going on...its looking pretty urgent for these guys :( Shes homeless as of now, and as are her animals - who are having some pretty nasty threats made about them by the person shes left because of :( Janice yep she does live near Portsmouth. Marie, I'll just ask her about that - Luckys bloods are back tomo X

Oh dear, i wish i could help but at the other end of the country. Hope everything turns out ok for her

I could do some shuffling and take in 2 bonded pairs.
may be having 2 hutches being delivered in which case could take a few more but it is not definate yet.

Im sure Gem's had a problem with some virulent EC infections in her rabbits....is one not now special needs :?

I am in Bournemouth,have a spare hutch,am I too far away to help?:wave:I have kept guineas in the past both lived to ages 5 and 6

Last edited:
I'll pass all this on - Thanks folks :D Re the E Cuniculi, Ive asked her about it & she assures me that none of the rabbits have been in contact (or used the same area) as Lucky & Hazel (Lucky is the one she suspects may have EC). These two arent included in the ones needing fosters X

Back