• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blitzen's teeth? Eyes? argh!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Argh i'm so confused- he's eating the normal amount just alot slower, I have seen his teeth and they look fine to me, he's hopping about, pooing, weeing as normal etc- but he eats really slow, I tried soaked pellets and he ate them amazingly quickly.
Also he seems abit 'clumsy' he walks into the shed wall (he's only done it about 5 times since i've had him) and he just started eating the cage bar instead of the carrot sticking out of it.
oh and sometimes like once every two weeks that i see, he seems to be very nervous and crawls instead of walks :(
He just doesn't seem 'right' and doesn't seem to act like a 'normal' rabbit :? I will probably get him to the vets, but he doesn't seem 'ill' :?

He needs to go to a vet who will check his molars

Also I would put him on a 4 week course of Panacur as the loss of balance could be the start of EC

Are you sure he is not crawling because of hindleg weakness or a back injury?

Last edited:
vet time, maybe they could do blood tests or something but be quick - Poppy seemed "well, but a little off" and was slightly wobbly and before I did anything about it, she died horribly. time is of the essence. hope he's ok.

I hope your little one is okay, but I have lost a rabbit who had similar symptoms, it was EC and even though he had a long panacur dose, the poor little guy was pts:cry: I would recommend seeing the vet asap;)

if one of yours has already died of e-c then that's most likely the cause - and it's a 6 WEEK course of panacur recommended to stop the damage. It won't reverse any damage already done to the brain or kidneys, but it will stop it getting worse. Because the parasite just causes random brain damage, the symptoms vary hugely.

Back