• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Truffle,

Lamb.X

New Kit
Hey,
I have a bunnie, called truffle..

i got him at around 8 weeks old on the 6th of January

He is a White Male Lionhead.

i previously had a rabbit, peter, who passed away on my b'day, last year

anyway, Truffle eats like LOADS! and constantly bites the cage,

I found peter in the field next to my house and he was maybe a year when i got him in 2005 - rough guess (could have been before) Peter never ate as much!

so is this normal?

Bunnies will eat loads if you let them, its quite normal but not too good - He'll be a F-A-T bunster before long! What food do you give him? Its best to ration it down to one very small handful morning & evening - and give him tons & tons of hay to munch! :D Re biting his cage bars, does he have any toys? XX

Mine only bite the bars at feed time, during the day they have loads and loads of fresh hay and toys to play with, usually loo roll tubes and boxes which they toss about:lol: Does your bun have lots of exercise, could it be boredom?

Hey Laura :wave:

Same as the others really. Best use your old loo rolls for him to play with, you could even stuff hay in there. And pleanty of hay is good too.
As for his food id say the same as Becki. :)

Amy x

He has stopped biting the cage:D and yes he does have toys (which he has eaten the ears of :lol:)

Anyway i think he may have broken a bit of tooth off as the one on the bottom (my left) front teeth is half the size of the other one!

help lol

He also runs around the house

Hey,
I have a bunnie, called truffle..

i got him at around 8 weeks old on the 6th of January

He is a White Male Lionhead.

i previously had a rabbit, peter, who passed away on my b'day, last year

anyway, Truffle eats like LOADS! and constantly bites the cage,

I found peter in the field next to my house and he was maybe a year when i got him in 2005 - rough guess (could have been before) Peter never ate as much!

so is this normal?

As you found Peter, was he a wild bun?

Back