• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too much rain !!!

:wave:I was just wondering, when it rains for long periods as we all know it can be relentless :roll: what do you do for grazing should I just put a handful of grass in the hutch then change it later if there's any left or has anyone got any better ideas ?:bunny:

so would I :D , it's supposed to be raining here for about 4 days in a row on Thurs it just occurred to me they need grass, Butterbean's going to have a right temper tantrum they're leash trained so she can sprint without suddenly diving in to a gap under the fence :lol: she already thinks she's boss of the world because she's got Tony :roll: :lol:

mine go out rain or shine but i have to keep an eye on snowy who likes to sit in the rain till she is soaked(despite many many hidey places) dora is more sensible and will find a dry spot once she has a light sprinkling and only come out when it is not too heavy rain.... she has started herding snowy in too bless her but snowy comes back out so has to get towel dried!!! if its really really really bad or stormy then i let them hop in the house and give them lots of hay and handfulls of grass and dandilions.

My 2 have access to their run from 7am until dark - it is attached to their hutch via a tunnel - I do put their hutch rain cover over if its forecast rain but they still sit out in the run in the rain. If it gets really heavy they run for cover.

Never seen them soaked - they must have sense:lol:

Thanks for the ideas i suppose if I give them shelter then its up to them whether they want to get wet or not, Bean loved the snow so maybe she won't mind rain!!! I'm not sure about Tony yet as I've only had him about 5 days but we'll see, he tends to just follow Bean around anyway, he's like her little shadow :lol:

Mine are generally out on grass from 8ish in the morning till dusk. There is shelter in their run but the only thing that sends them diving for cover is a hailstorm! When the grass was waterlogged last month they stayed in the run on the patio, and I just increased the amount of veg they normally have.

Back