• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jamie and Sapphires New Home Pics!!!! Pic heavy!!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
Well, I'm so so so so pleased with this baby!! It's 10ft long, 5ft 5inches high and 4ft 5inches wide... has two sections (I'm going to cordon one of the open sides off so it's not too cold for them). But here it is:- (i apologise about the number of pictures :oops::oops::oops:)

Almost finished, but not quite:-

DSC00008.jpg

The finished article:-

DSC00012.jpg

An idea of the size... Hawys pretending to be a rabbit :roll::-

DSC00013.jpg

And these pics of Jamie and Sapphire exploring their new home:-

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

DSC00019.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

I will be adding shelving etc to this, and also as mentioned the bed side will be more cordoned off and I'm getting a fly net.

What do you all think?

xx

Wow! It looks great! Lot's of room :D I bet you'll have fun kitting the inside out. Re the bed... I'd be tempted to go for shutters or similar that you can open when it's hot/during the day. Might get a bit stuffy inside in hot weather.

Tam

Wow! It looks great! Lot's of room :D I bet you'll have fun kitting the inside out. Re the bed... I'd be tempted to go for shutters or similar that you can open when it's hot/during the day. Might get a bit stuffy inside in hot weather.

Tam

I've just bought a willow stick rug from Wilkinsons (£0.99!!) and that fits perfectly over the windows...so I'm thinking of using that and rolling up in hot weather, and down in cold?

What kind of paint is suitable for rabbits?, well not suitable but not toxic? I want to paint it either a blue or a nice green....

That looks great and such a bargin.

The buns are going to have a great time in there

I was dead chuffed with it! It came to £300 including - erection, delivery, treatment, refurbishment of damaged wood, putting on a door, a lock, 2 wooden cat flap/dividers and they also put some extra mesh on for me... not to mention the wooden slats it's resting on. I am made up

thats fantastic! lucky buns :shock::)

Hehe thank you :)

When I get my pay cheque I shall be sorting out a ramp and some other sections I reckon! Although they're both quite lazy, but at least it'll serve it's purpose should they feel the need to move, lol. xx

Thank you everyone :) I am made up with it,even though people at work think I'm crazy spending all my holiday money on it...oh well,seeing them happy makes me happy etc etc :) Where the windows are I've put a massive straw style rug across half of it so it wont have been too breezy last night?Also,inspired by Tamsin,I'm picking up some free venetian blinds from this lady on freecycle :) xx

Back