• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rear guard

touie

Wise Old Thumper
should i do all my rabbits, I can't decide :?

I was definately going to treat caramel as she is long haired and sometimes has tummy problems although she never has a messy bum but just as a precaution.

Then I have Sugarplum and Splodge in the shed, never get diorrhea and are both quite healthy. Not sure whether it's worth treating them or not?

Then there is Fudge who can't clean himself properly at the moment as he is quite poorly, if he was out doors he would have been top of my list but he's a house rabbit and doesn't venture outdoors unless I carry him out :? Do you think he needs treating with it?

Help I can't decide!!!

I used to do Sooty when he was old and had sticky poos and was slightly overweight. Im not going to do Honey as she cleans herself really well. I have got some fly free and I am checking her twice a day. I would definitely treat the ones that can't clean themselves. Ive got a leaflet from the vets re: rearguard and it says the highest risk are those that suffer from obesity, dental disease, diarrhoea, artritis and skin wounds. It also says flies are attracted when the environmental conditions and hyigene are poor eg dirty hutches.

Hi guys,

I just brought some fly guard, i want to know if i should use it or take it back?
My buns are fine with cleaning themselves, they dont have messy poops, they are cleaned everyday plus they have a fly net. Do you still think i should spray them or take it back?:(
Thanks

Back