• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Healing Vibes for Red U/D She is coming home

without_halo

Alpha Buck
Red is at the vets having a dental today. Please send as much healing vibes to her as she is prone to Gut Statis as well.

Last edited:
Have just spoken to the vets and Red has pulled through the dental :D

I have got to ring back tonight at 6pm as Red is notorious for getting Gut Statis. I think the Vets want her to stay in over night so will find out later.

She has eaten soem hay and hasn't pooped yet, but she is being given Zantac (????) to keep her gut moving.

Glad Red is doing ok, hope she poops soon and can come home.

Zantac is a mild gut stimulant is also stops the bunny getting stomach ulcers which can happen if they are not eating.

Red is still at the Vets. Spoke to the vet nurse this morning and she still really hasn't eaten and not pooped. Have to ring back again this afternoon.

Would Red be better at home, I know when mine are ill they prefer "familiar territory" to poop. Maybe you could bring Red home for a couple of hours to see how it goes?

I hope red is feeling better soon!
I agree that maybe it would be better if you brought red home if you are around all day. Keeping her at the vets is putting her under more stress which then stops them wanting to eat...stasis etc. The only thing a clinic can do is put a bunny on a drip if they are dehydrated, but everything else you can do at home and I find that bringing them home helps them recover quicker. I would bring her home with some metoclopramide, zantac, metacam and critical care food. You can syringe feed and give her fluids orally??

Good luck!

Spoke to the vets again and she has only done 3 tiny poops and they are having to syringe feed her at the moment.

I am awaiting for the vet to ring me back. I am going to ask would it help if we brought her home (my vets are very reluctant to let buns leave without them pooping or eating) over night to see how she is or whether to might be worth us bringing her own litter tray in.

Anyways have decided if she is not coming home tonight I am going to see her and give her a cuddle and stroke.

Just got off the phone to the vets and they are happy for her to come home. Will have to keep syringe feeding her and giving her the medication (not a problem)

Am happy as she is greatly missed

Back