• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sleeping, how long and wen do rabbits do it?

teresa1982

New Kit
how long do rabbits sleep for, i nver seem to see mine sleep, when do they sleep, night or day, or both, do they nap like cats?

Rabbits are crepuscular animals meaning that they are most active during dawn and dusk (in the wild this is a survival technique as this is the time fewer preditors are about). Generally though I think you are right particularly in domestic rabbits, they are more napping animals :lol:

I leave mine alone during the middle of the day, lunch time to say 3 to make sure that they can have a good nap. I imagine they have a good long nap during the night too, but knowing them they are still getting up to all sorts :lol:

Mine are outside in a run 24/7.

They are active first thing in the morning. They are let out of their hutch about 7.30, eat a bit of breakfast, go to the poo corner, hop around a bit then go off late morning and sleep until about 4.00.

When they wake up, they eat, hop around and get really frisky until bedtime at 9.30.

Mine go to sleep after their dinner at about 11 ish, and they wake up at about 5.30 (unless I'm on an early and have to wake them) They then go to sleep again at about 9am ish till about 5 ish.

mine sleep during the day in the run. i only see them sleep if i look out of the window cos if i open the door they jump up immidiately to see if i have any food:lol:

i never see them sleep in the hutch but they probably hear me coming even if they are aleep

Back