• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Are you going on holiday?

Emm-Jane76

Mama Doe
I am. Going to Malta on Thursday for 10 days.

Taking my buns to my sis's and they're staying there.

I am going to miss them like mad. Have got lists galore for my sis and they're welfare. I trust her implicitly though but I know they're going to miss me! :cry:

I've never managed to have a holiday for longer than three days since having my rabbits :oops:

I don't want to board them because they have never been in cages before and I'm scared it would freak them out too much...

I have to rely on my sister and her husband to look after them for me...but past experiences have proved me to be cautious after my sister and I went away for three days and her husband didn't change their water at all...even though there was bottled water on the table in their summerhouse...he thought just because they had water already in their bowls it was enough :censored:
He won't change their litter trays though and only tops up the hay so i can't leave him with them for long. I have six bunnies and it means they do not get out into the garden while I am gone because he wouldn't take the time to get them back in on a night.

I'm going away to Paris next Tuesday but not leaving till the afternoon so I can see to them, then I have to rely on him to see to them on Wednesday as my sister is coming with me and then Thursday I will be back tea time so I can change their trays etc... I always worry the whole time though. :cry:

We are off to Taba Heights in Egypt, but not untill December:(
Have been 3 times before, snorkeling in the Red Sea is fantastic:)

I'm going on a weeks holiday in September and I'm really panicing about the bunnies. We don't normally have holidays as it's a bit difficult having 23 elderly and special need bunnies but this is our honeymoon. Even if it is only one and a half hours down the m25.

Anyone fancy doing a bit of bunny sitting?

Im going away for a week later on this month.

Im a bit torn at the moment; Im happy for my friends to come in and feed/fuss the house buns and the cat, but I dont know whether I should put the little ones in boarding while Im gone, especially because of Dougals dodgy tum.
If he gets the onset of stasis my friend might not see it :(

On the other hand they aren't used to being shut in a hutch though so Im just not sure.... :?

I am off to the Lakes in the next school holidays and normally if we go away my mum would look after them - mum and dad are coming with us.

They are off to bunny boarding about an hour's drive away - gosh I am gonna miss them loads and am dreading leaving them:shock:

Im going to Aruba for 2 weeks in October, but i still live at home so my parents look after them, im lucky they are great with them :D

We're off to Cornwall (and a friend's wedding in Swansea) at the beginning of August. Our 6 buns are off for their holidays at The Bunnery :D Miss them but they're in VERY safe hands and they are very happy there :) Piggies are staying with the MIL :) x

Im off on holiday in july for two weeks and normally my bunny friend who i trust implicitly comes and feeds, pellets, veg, hay ect and fusses over them but shes going on holiday the same time so panicking as well.

Like others my five bunnies are used to loads of space and dont know whether theyd be happy shut up in a cage or hutch and i live in scotland where there are no bunny hotels with runs ect that i know of.
Sorry to hijack this thread but it posed worrying questions that i have been meaning to post.

Can i ask if a friend came in in the morning and fed pellets and loads of hay would my buns be okay without veg for two weeks if they were used to getting it every night, or would it upset their tums as cant get anyone to come back round at night and feed veg unfortunately.

Hope noone minds me asking same questions.

thanks
gill:wave:

I have to rely on my sister and her husband to look after them for me...but past experiences have proved me to be cautious after my sister and I went away for three days and her husband didn't change their water at all...even though there was bottled water on the table in their summerhouse...he thought just because they had water already in their bowls it was enough

I've never changed the water in my bunnys bottle, i just fill it up when it's empty. Should I be changing it?

Weve had our big holiday-a week in Cuba (honeymoon) Came back to find buns happy and spoilt as ever and hardly looking like theyd missed us:lol::roll: (We get a good friend to come and look after them)

I'm hoping to get some time to go to Germany in August and visit my family. I'll probably get my sister to look after the buns. She has her own so is very bun savvy. I wouldn't trust anyone else but I'm going to miss them. The last time I went away, one of my babies died. I've not travelled for a few years becuase of that.

I've never changed the water in my bunnys bottle, i just fill it up when it's empty. Should I be changing it?

Yes. A bunny appreciates a change of water. Plus green scum can form around the edges of the bottle and sometimes even in the water. Water goes off too when left for a while, you usually see wee bits of fluff floating about.

My bunnies get a 600ml bottle each (2 bottles in each run for the mated pairs) and a daily bowl of water. I change the bottles every 2 days even though there is usually plenty water left.
In summer they don't seem to drink so much but in winter the drink a hell of a lot, I think becuase they need energy to keep warm. Water is the most essential thing along with hay, to give a rabbit.

Just got back today and I called home three times each day to check on my buns and rats :lol: Was only gone 5 days though :) x

Back