• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Red Urine??

LittleBunniesRock

Warren Scout
I've been away for the past 4 days in Belgium, so the buns have been in the care of my mum and brother. They wouldn't have noticed anything different or unusual, so I'm afraid that I probably won't be able to answer many questions that you have :? :?

The bums have been in the kitchen and as I was getting up from my tea I noticed rex had pee'd. However, it wasn't yellow at all- it was red. There weren't bloody streaks or drops anywhere- it was simply a "fruit punchy" colour.

I've done some google-ing and have found that this isn't necessiarly very bad, however would like some opinions. I fed them some spinach and carrots several weeks ago, however didn't notice any change then. He doesn't seem to be straining, and wee'd quite a bit, so I wouldn't say it was blockage. ideas??

Hi

Hunny got red wee the other day - I panicked like mad until my husband reminded me that I had given her a piece of red pepper (capsicum).

Carmen

Does it look like this?

CIMG0850.jpg

Rocky had this a few weeks ago, I was panicking like mad aswell. No obvious pain signs or food which could have caused it either.

I left it a couple of days and it went back to normal. I'm still as clueless now as I was then, but hopefully it will put your mind at rest :)

My rabbit had been weeing a dark orangn/red colour recently. I posted about it yesterday and somebody replied that greens can make the urine go orange. I don't feed carrots or anthing orange/red coloured so was a bit worried.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hi:wave: My rex peed red a while ago. I freaked out at first, then read up on it, felt better but decided to take her to the vet just to be safe (also because she was peeing many small puddles which she usually doesn't) and it turned out that she had a urinary tract infection. She was also a bit messy around her vagina.

Good luck with your bun!

I was going to just post this! noticed dark orange wee last nyt when i was cleaning out and got all worrried as i cant tell whos done it (they both do it in the same place and i thought it might be something seriuos, i do feed quite a lot of greens so maybe its this as they both seem kike their normal selves and seem happy enough???

Back