• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Question

Brennan

Alpha Buck
I am just making initial enquiries, I have NO experience whatsoever with bonding, what are ppl's thoughts about me trying?

I really like the little lionhead on the rabbits in need and we are looking for a girl so...

Thumper is one, he is neutered and very friendly/not aggressive whatsoever, I think he is a very peaceful natured rabbit but I am biased. He was very peaceful with my cat when we had her so I think on whole he is ok

The Lionhead is 8 weeks and un-neutered, so would she be more 'accepting'?

Is it a case of him needing to be 'happy' with her? would it be worth taking him to visit her and seeing his initial reaction to her?

My worries are they wont bond and I have two separate rabbits...

I would contact the rescue that is rehoming the female you have been looking at and they will be able to tell you everything you need to know, they should also help with the bonding.

I would go to a rescue if they don't get on and you would either have to give her up or keep two bunnies. Plus being so young she'll get hormonal at some point which could cause problems? If you get a spayed bun you also save all the worry of having her spayed at a later date. Having said that it is worth seeing if the person rehoming would take her back if it didn't work?

Back