• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nail cutting and grooming didnt go to plan (more pics)

xxKarinaxx

Mama Doe
100_3429.jpg

100_3476.jpg

Fluffy tail
100_3491-1.jpg

Wisps

100_3467.jpg

Refusing to have his hair cut

100_3497.jpg

100_3426.jpg

100_3427.jpg

100_3429.jpg

Posing with her mighty dewlap
100_3437.jpg

Last edited:
:love::love::love: They are gorgeous, mine had his clipped yesterday, he was not a happy bunny :lol: he turned his back to me in a mood:D

Now he is cute... :love:

I remember our bunny clipping used to take 2 people, careful cutting, and the ability to catch him in the first place...:roll:

Now he is cute... :love:

I remember our bunny clipping used to take 2 people, careful cutting, and the ability to catch him in the first place...:roll:

He's a speedy one and quite slippery to catch so I plonked them both on the table so they couldn't get very far :lol:

Missys had to be done today, I could hear her little feet tapping as she ran, my arms now bear the scars:rolleyes:

yep the nails are the fiddly part! I have never had to clip my current two because they are on concrete but my other ones were on grass so nail clipping was always the order of the day...
I wouldnt dare clip my two as i wouldnt get out alive :lol: (they are actually quite good after a battle of wills :roll:)

I do think he is very cute and after having an angora i can symapthise how difficult it is to clip long haired rabbits who don't like it... :roll:

Do u trim his fur with sissors or clippers as i have an angora and she is very good would let me clip i think but i use sissors and always looks uneven??

Do u trim his fur with sissors or clippers as i have an angora and she is very good would let me clip i think but i use sissors and always looks uneven??

I attempt to trim with scissors but as you can see it doesn't look that good :lol:

Wouldn't attempt nails - take them to the vets:oops: but I have given Flopsy a haircut.

He did look like your lionhead - very long top mane. I found a knot in it and as he is not a lover of being groomed decided to bribe him with a tiny piece of rich tea biccy (don't shout at me) and once has his sights on that I just took the scissors out and trimmed away.

He looks rather strange now but I am sure it will be a bit cooler for him in the hot weather.

Wouldn't attempt nails - take them to the vets:oops: but I have given Flopsy a haircut.

He did look like your lionhead - very long top mane. I found a knot in it and as he is not a lover of being groomed decided to bribe him with a tiny piece of rich tea biccy (don't shout at me) and once has his sights on that I just took the scissors out and trimmed away.

He looks rather strange now but I am sure it will be a bit cooler for him in the hot weather.

he's not so bad when its time to cut his nails its the fur cutting, he fidgets a lot so I get scared with the scissors. He definately needs a good hair cut but I'm just haven't got a clue what to do with him.....I dont want him looking like I've attacked him with hedge clippers:rolleyes:

Flopsy was actually quite still and I just lifted up his long bits and trimmed them off bit by bit. He doesn't look that bad.

Will try to get some before and after piccies to show you. I think he looks more masculine with shorter hair:lol::lol:

Flopsy was actually quite still and I just lifted up his long bits and trimmed them off bit by bit. He doesn't look that bad.

Will try to get some before and after piccies to show you. I think he looks more masculine with shorter hair:lol::lol:

Ohh before and after pics would be great, I've never cut his hair short before. I quite like his wispy bits.

Back