• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried about my bunnies..

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
well, I am going to france in *checks signature* 23 days and I am worried about my bunnies :( my mum isn't the most experienced with rabbits and I am worried that they will be under/over fed and not get enough hay and veg etc whilst i am away :(

because it's expensive for three bunnies for a week :? usually i get my rabbity friend to look after them aswell, but as she is going to france....
hmm, £7.50 each day :shock:

Last edited:
because it's expensive for three bunnies for a week :? usually i get my rabbity friend to look after them aswell, but as she is going to france....
hmm, £7.50 each day :shock:

Thats only just over £50 though? Definately not bad for a week.

yeah but it's less stressfull for the buns to stay at home :) if she can't feed them then myabe they will be boarded :)

Leave her some instructions on what to feed them, when and how much and give her a call when you can to check up on them, I'm sure they'll be fine :)

When my mum babysat my piggies for a few nights I was so worried about her feeding them the wrong amounts I pre-bagged what they needed each time. That way, all she had to do was tip the contents of the bag in the bowl each day. Could work with hay too!

When my mum babysat my piggies for a few nights I was so worried about her feeding them the wrong amounts I pre-bagged what they needed each time. That way, all she had to do was tip the contents of the bag in the bowl each day. Could work with hay too!

That's exactly what I was going to suggest. Pre-bag the food into daily proportions. Give detailed & accurate as to what to do each day, without being patronising (believe me parents don't take to well being told what to do too do!)

Hannah

If your buns don't have any history of ailments and you're confident the person looking after them will spot vague signs of trouble e.g lethargy, not eating/pooing etc. as well as the obvious ones, then I'd fell OKish about leaving them. If however they have past ailments like bouts of statis as an example, they definitely need to go into boarding. Mine were in boarding for about 3 weeks and thank God they were as Brody needed overnight hospitalisation and was put on a drip... my neighbour would certainly not have picked up on that.

they don't have any history of illness out of the three I have now :) I know my mum would notice them needing to go to the vets, it's just the feeding

I know whenever i go away my neighbours would look after the bunnies (she wants buns but her husband wont let her and they are over 60!)

Maybe you could leave a detailed letter for her so she knows how much to feed,
And also get her over and go through what you do in the morning and in the evening for a couple of days and get her to do it for you while you are wtih her...
If you live with her then ignore that bit!
I have done this with my 84 year old grandma and she did a great job... They will be fine with just two visits a day while you are away...

Back