• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bunnys and hutch

sasha_108

Warren Scout
Hi, just thought I would post some photos of my new rabbits and hutch. They are called Charlotte and Oscar and I am still waiting for other half to build the attached run!

DSCF0881.jpg

Oscar
DSCF0876Small.jpg

Charlotte
Hannahsfirstdayatschoolandnewbun-2.jpg

The hutch
PhonerabbitsandUttoxeter006.jpg

Thanks, my other half made the hutch, its 6x2x2.5. He is very proud, its his first attempt at woodwork! He insulated it in between the ply and log lap with some silver stuff (don't ask me!) but I was a bit gutted he stained it as I wanted to keep it a natural colour but it was proving difficult to find a safe clear preservative in time!

I am very impressed with the hutch. I am sure if he wanted to make more he could easily sell them.

He did actually say he really enjoyed it, and quite fancied making some more, although that has cost £160 so far:shock: and there is still the run to do!
It weighs a ton, so I think if he did anymore, he would have to use slightly less chunky wood, and not have ply, insuation and log lap. He would also need to make it so its transportable.

Woah fantastic hutch!! Especially for a woodwork virgin! :shock: :lol:

If he could source the materials more cheaply he's have a great little side business there! ;)

Lovely hutch and even lovelier buns that live in it :love:

Thank you! The buns are definetely the best part, they are Rex, and their coats are just starting to get really soft.

That hutch is great for a first go!!! Looks like something professionally done!

Your bunnies are gorgeous :love:

Back