• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch

sunshine123

Young Bun
I have now ordered my Happy Hutch 6x2x2 Hutch/Run Combo and am now planning what I will need to weatherproof it. I remember seeing a photo of someones hutch on here (just a couple of weeks ago) that had a roof made for the run part, made out of shed roofing felt, I quite fancy doing something like this and have been trying to explain to my hubby, I have searched and searched the forums and I can't find the photo to show him, can someone please help me.
THanks

I can't remember who had that roof. I can show you some photos of our hutch and how we weather proofed it.

We put a sheet of perspex on top of the lid of the run, and more perspex on three sides of the run (we may remove that during the summer). But water still gets in through the gaps, so we put a tarpaulin at the back of the hutch, on hooks. It lets the water from the roof run down behind the run. The tarpaulin cost 99 pence at the 99p shop. If you have your hutch facing the other way, you may want to use clear plastic instead.

tarpo1.jpg

The hutch itself has a perspex shutter with a wooden frame, hanging on hooks and protecting the hutch at night and during rain.

it was Laura, aka LionheadLuver!

we was tlking about th ehappy hutch runs and i think i mentioned weather proffing them and she said she had covred them with felt! :wave:

Back