• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerned....

Veronica

Mama Doe
...I know it's against the rules as such, but I've seen an ad I'm concerned about. PM me if you can assist, so I won't post links here, but I've seen an ad from someone in my area that is desperate to home 3 rabbits and has been turned away from rescues in our area as they are full.
The rabbits appear to be at risk :(
I can help with transport, but can't take them.

It's West Yorkshire area.

xxx

I dont suppose sending them a link to RU is going to help then, if the rescue's have already been contacted.

There is a sticky at the top of rabbit chat regarding free ads etc. I don't know how many have spotted it, I didn't see it straight away:)

It says she has contacted rescues, but they can't help as they are full.
I see a lot of these ads, but this one I feel so sorry for her as she seems so desperate :? :(

There is a sticky at the top of rabbit chat regarding free ads etc. I don't know how many have spotted it, I didn't see it straight away:)

I meant there's not a lot that can be done via advice if she has already contacted rescue's and is desperate.

I meant there's not a lot that can be done via advice if she has already contacted rescue's and is desperate.

That's what I thought. I get the impression she has tried. It's so sad :(
I can only help with transport...I wish I could do so much more to help :(

It says she has contacted rescues, but they can't help as they are full.
I see a lot of these ads, but this one I feel so sorry for her as she seems so desperate :? :(

yes but which rescues has she contacted? Because people don't know about all the rescues that are about! She might have not rung them all, and they may be able to help.

yes but which rescues has she contacted? Because people don't know about all the rescues that are about! She might have not rung them all, and they may be able to help.

I agree - some people aren't aware of the smaller home-run rescues, she may have just tried the "famous" (or infamous?) ones like RSPCA etc

That is quite a common threat that rescues get, along with if you don't take them then I will have them pts:D
They think blackmailing helps jumping the waiting list:D

My all time favourite was 'There's a hole in the side of the hutch and a fox that lives in the garden' :shock::? :evil::evil:

I've had a few PMs asking about the rabbits. I will PM anyone the link if you ask for it.
There are two french lops (states neutered) and a smaller lop. The reason for the rehoming is a relationship breakdown (she says she has moved into a place where she can't take them) and the rabbits appear to still be with the ladies ex partner.
She does come across as quite distressed :? :(

has she tried greengates animal rescue? I dont want to prssure them but they had two giants there for ages who are now rehomed so its possible they have space.

Back