• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping buns cool

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
everyday i have put all bunnies in the run (mine plus boarders) with tunnels etc for shade, bowls and bottles of water in the run etc etc

problem is, i think i have a grumbling appendix, i am going to the NHS walk in centre at five, but at the moment i am in agony. The runs are at the other end of the garden and i physically cant carry a carry case cus the pain is so extreme :(:(

I have 3 big fosters pub umbrellas i have put them over the hutches, givin fresh cold water and froze bottles in the hutches, is this okay? im paranoid about them being too hot but i cnt carry anything :(:(

How about hanging dry towels over the runs then spraying them with cold water? I give my lot a bowl of ice cubes too.

Can you not see a doc earlier if your in so much pain. It sounds awful. If it's your appendix I would think sooner rather than later? Hope you feel better soon tho :wave:

i cnt get them into the runs, there in their hutches. i cant carry them. i asked my broher 2 help but hes injured his leg and cnt walk!

the actual hutches arent hot inside, felt all buns and their ears are cool, as the bunny garden is a bit sheltered too.

Id go to A&E now if I were you!! I wouldn't wait til 5!! They will whisk you straight through, I've been there for that.
The buns will be fine with what they've got so long as they have shade and the cool bottles, it's actually cooler in the hutches than the run sometimes.

well i dont know if its my appendix.... im just guessing, and my mum thinks it might be. but i dont wana go if its not il look like a right idiot:oops:

well i dont know if its my appendix.... im just guessing, and my mum thinks it might be. but i dont wana go if its not il look like a right idiot:oops:

Thats what hospital is for! If you're in pain, they are there to diagnose you, you don't have to do it yourself and decide whether you need to go! :lol: If you are in that much pain, and also bear in mind the other symptoms you've had, tummy aches, nausea, etc. sounds like appendicitis to me...

EDIT: I found this.
What are the symptoms of appendicitis?
Pain in the abdomen (tummy pain) is usually the main symptom. Commonly, the pain starts in the middle of the abdomen. The pain normally develops quickly, over an hour or so. Over the next few hours the pain typically 'travels' to the lower right hand side of the abdomen. This is over where the appendix normally lies.

Typically the pain becomes worse and worse over 6-24 hours. The pain may become severe. The pain tends to be more sharp if you cough or make any jarring movements. The pain may ease a bit if you pull your knees up towards your chest. The lower abdomen is usually tender, particularly in the lower right hand side.

Other symptoms that may occur include the following.

* Feeling sick and being off food is typical. You may vomit.
* Fever and generally feeling unwell.
* Constipation may occur. Sometimes diarrhoea.
* Frequent passing of urine may develop. This is thought to be due to the inflammation 'irritating' the nearby ureter (the tube between the kidney and bladder).

If the appendix perforates (bursts) then severe pain can spread to all the abdomen. You also become very ill.

In some cases, the symptoms are not so typical. For example, in some cases the pain may develop more slowly and run a more 'smouldering' course. The pain may also start in the lower right hand side of the abdomen. Also, the pain may not become severe until the appendix perforates. The site of the pain may not be typical if the appendix lies in an unusual place.

Last edited:
see i was really ill weds n thurs nite, fri during the day but okay friday nite, fine all day and nite satuday, bad last nite and today

it sort of comes in waves :? but i have 2 wait 4 my mum to get home, bcus its 45 minutes away

If it sounds like your appendix I wouldn't hang about, my Nan didn't believe my Dad when he had appendicitis and made him go to school....it was only when he was sent home vomiting bile they rushed him in and it very nearly burst before they got him into theatre :?

He never let my Nan forget 'the time she almost killed him'.

I hope you are ok :) and I just have to say - thanks to your siggie I now have that silly song in my head! :lol:

If it sounds like your appendix I wouldn't hang about, my Nan didn't believe my Dad when he had appendicitis and made him go to school....it was only when he was sent home vomiting bile they rushed him in and it very nearly burst before they got him into theatre :?

He never let my Nan forget 'the time she almost killed him'.

:shock::shock::shock:

i just called my mum and my dad and left voicemails os hopefully one of them will come home :)

Back