• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel cruel....

norrielian

Mama Doe
cos I've taken away the rabbits straw!

I'm trying to litter train Connie! She will pee anywhere on straw and is making a right mess of the cage. When I cleaned them out yesterday, I thought I'd leave the floor bare and just put straw in the litter trays to see if that worked and it has so thought I would leave it bare again today to try and get her in the habit of using them only! I do feel a bit bad though :cry:

Has this worked for anyone else?

Lian x

I have just done the same thing, my boys were going only in the corner where they happily dug all the straw up to :roll: and it was coming out of the cage. So what I did was got some cheap rubber mats and put them on the floor so hopefully the lack of straw to dig up will encourage them to go in either their litter tray or their dig box, I am not fussy which one though so long as it is not on the floor!

I don't know if this is any help but so far all I have noticed is poop but it is Billy after all and he just likes to poop a lot... I felt mean to as they like to make "beds" for themselves, have you put the hay in the litter tray or dig box?? I have done this to encourage them in, enticing plan ;)

I wouldn't feel bad, I mean its not like its cold out.

I found that sprinkling a few pellets in the tray helped as well as a hay topping.

:D

Thanks guys. They do have rubber matting down so should be fine. I noticed this morning there were only poops about too so a good sign, no wee wee! :lol:

Have been sprinkling herbs and treats down so hopefully it will work.

Thanks guys. They do have rubber matting down so should be fine. I noticed this morning there were only poops about too so a good sign, no wee wee! :lol:

Have been sprinkling herbs and treats down so hopefully it will work.

Good plan ;) Bribery!!! :lol: Please keep me updated though, if I fail you can let me know how you succeed?!

The thing is, they still get the straw - just not where they're used to it being!;)

I use hay in my litter box (as I read rabbits eat as they poo!:?) - anyways, this seems to work a treat!:D

TP:)

Back