• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Different colour wee-orange then yellow

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Hi friends :wave:,

I noticed today when I woke up this morning my little boy did a wee and it was dark orange but then about 40 mins later he did another wee which was yellow. Is this normal? He hasn't had anything to eat that is orange coloured so I just wondered why he has different coloured wee. One minute it's orange then it's yellow.

I also wondered why rabbits produce dark orange wee when they haven't actually eaten anything of that colour. I never feed him carrots. He has spring greens, watercress, occassionally kale, occassional rocket.

Any help much appreciated.

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Greens makes the urine turn orange-red. Completely natural.
(You should have seen it when my male rabbit was on a spraying-frency... Zakura ran around covered in red spots:lol:)

Hi Zakura Rabbit :wave:

Thank you so much for replying xxx!!!

That may explain things as he has his greens in the evening before I go to bed. He had spring greens and watercress last night. This morning when I got up he had a pee and it was really dark orange/red. Then about 30/40 mins later his wee was yellow. I thought it was weird how quickly the colour changed from being dark orange to yellow.

Thank you for replying.

Big hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back