• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

painted the hutch!! (pictures) U/D AGAIN!! - green hutch is staying :)

coco1200

Warren Veteran
from being a boring brown hutch,
after everyone had been revamping hutches, playhouses etc, i thought my rabbits needed a new retro hutch :D

i gave the hutch a proper good clean out with disinfectant and hutch cleaner, and then painted it using 'pastel pistachio' by dulex!

the tin was slightly damaged, so for a half litre tin, from £7 or something, i got it for a quid!!!
BARGIAN! they had loadsss there, and so many different colours, all reduced becuase of the tin damage! (rockbottom discount - northampton!)

well here it is -

f2vk42.jpg

tell me what you think!! :D

Last edited:
ROCK BOTTOM!!!! maaaan, i love that place! :lol: i've wasted a whole lot of money on stuff there being an art student. usually stuff i don't need!

mmmm, pistachio, me likes!

its for my two giants,
its a tenny hutch (4.5ft) but they only use it to do their poos in.
its inside their run, which they have 24 hour access to :) (and which they get locked in at night)

Ohh right cool :D Are you gonna paint the run the same colour? If so, we need pics :lol: X

ROCK BOTTOM!!!! maaaan, i love that place! :lol: i've wasted a whole lot of money on stuff there being an art student. usually stuff i don't need!

mmmm, pistachio, me likes!

:lol::lol:
the indians who own the place are so0o0o0 moody!!!

but seriously, its a really cheap junk shop that had EVERYTHING!!!

its for my two giants,
its a tenny hutch (4.5ft) but they only use it to do their poos in.
its inside their run, which they have 24 hour access to :) (and which they get locked in at night)

When you say that they get 24 hour access to their run, what do they get locked in ... I am a little confused

Ohh right cool :D Are you gonna paint the run the same colour? If so, we need pics :lol: X

:lol: i think the run would be abit of a mission to paint :shock:
this is their run:
fngfjft.jpg

it has perplex on the top, but cant be seen becuase of the sunlight :D

When you say that they get 24 hour access to their run, what do they get locked in ... I am a little confused

no, they get daytime access to the garden, then get put in their 'run/ enclosure' at night. they have sufficient room - its 14X4ft

its to use for both.
i had a look on their website, and it says their wood/metal paints are made to stop fumes etc being emitted into the atmosphere, and works with the enviroment

What was the exsact paint you used? because what im looking at on there website doesnt say anything about it being animal friendly:?

What was the exsact paint you used? because what im looking at on there website doesnt say anything about it being animal friendly:?

non-drip gloss for wood/ metal.
:? :? :?

can i still sand it down now? :| or will my hutch be like paper thin? :lol:

Back