• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ants in Hutch!!!

Mazda

Warren Veteran
for the past week i have been fighting a looseing battle!! Now that the weather is warmer ants have decieded to "play" (or do whetever ants do) in my bunnys hutch!! its driving me insane! i cleaned the huch out this morning and got rid of them all. but i just went out to the hutch to give pebble a snuggle :) and THEY ARE BACK!! :evil: I dont know if they are bothering Pebble, but even so i really dont know what to do, i dont want to put ant killer down around the hutch cause if Pebble got hold of of, it wouldnt be good!!!

so.....does anybody know what i should do??

help would be muchly appriciated,

lots of love,
Mai
xx

I don't think there is much you can do to be honest. Although I did read that ants wont cross a chalk line so if you can chalk all the way around the hutch with an unbroken chalk line :D

^^ hmm, i spose... ants can get anywhere!! they are black ants, they dont bite do they??

i might try the chalk thing, anything to keep them away!!! they are by her food, by her litter tray :evil: What the hell for, they have the whole garden! :lol:

xx

As far as im aware black ants do bite. Sorry i have no advice other than can the hutch be moved so untill you can get rid of the ants?

Edit: ive looked on the net and some say they do bite and some say not :?

Last edited:
thats good that they dont bite!

i looked on the net at "ants and chalk" and they hate the stuff! so i am going to draw a line around the huch tomorow :D

xx

^^ that isnt good! would they bite a rabbit do you think?? of would that rabbit chase them off?

x

i have got the same problem - the rabbits don't seem fussed but the ants are annoying me! I picked some up and they didn't bite. They are little black ones. I think some larger black ones bite but I don't think little black ants do - only little red ants.

Hey guy my rabbit had ants in his hutch too and though they didn't seem to bother him they annoyed me.

To sort the problem I put the hutch on some bricks (couple to each corner) and put the bricks in trays of water. As long as the hutch doesn't come into contact with nearby plants or garden furniature the ants can't get in.:lol:

Back