• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cut claw on bunny in pet shop

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

At work, there was a baby bunny there that had his claw ripped out. He must have caught it on something and pulled it right out. We had to soak his whole foot in salty water, the poor thing. We tried to bandage it but he just pulled it off. When I was holding him, he put his head into my neck, and snuddled up to me, it was so cute. And one of the babies there looked just like MissySJ's Domino. Spliting image!

Did we do the right thing? Is he going to be ok?

I'd say if you are in any doubt, you need to get this wee bunny to the vets. I would imagine that there would always be a risk of infection.

If it was my bunny, even though I have a large amount of experience, and a bunny first aid kit, it would be to the vets quick smart.

He'll be absolutely fine, just leave him to it. One of mine pulled a claw clean out the other week, I left her too it and she cleaned herself up and was fine.

Obviously if he starts to look off colour get him to a vet but i'm sure he'll be fine.

mine pulled his out a few weeks ago and i panicked so much my bf found me in tears saying i wasnt a good enough mum for him :oops: i read about putting it in flour or something else to make it stop bleeding but all i did was get a damp piece of kitchen roll, wipe it clean and apply a bit of pressure and he was right as rain the next day :D

Back